Dead Matter
ATTENTION: Due to issues with the new forum update the custom theme has been disabled. The theme will return when all issues have been resolved.
jooni

Development Diary #7

40 minutes ago, UhhhDIE said:

Now a train for everyone is a bit insane, and due to the map being so huge, we can assume player counts on servers will be large, so I don't think it's realistic to have a 'train for everyone', but some precaution by admins to prevent hoarding would be cool.

side note: Are you referring to Miscreated? That game is so fucking bad with clans hoarding vehicles.

Yea I was just joking about a train for everyone lol and yea pretty much. 

7 hours ago, UhhhDIE said:

side note: Are you referring to Miscreated? That game is so fucking bad with clans hoarding vehicles.

Finally someone that isn't afraid to say something. Not only that they have you TOW walls with vehicles, hoard all the vehicles and nobody can TOW lol makes no sense. The owner once replied saying that hoarding doesn't exist that on a high pop UK server only 43% of vehicles have items in them, but failed to mention that also includes the vehicles hardly being used like boats, buses, carts with no wheels, etc which actually more so proved that they are. Then they allow two storage boxes and over the past 1-2 years alone have added many more items yet no more storage, it's flat out terrible, even a server option would be nice especially for those PVE players. Sorry I could go all day about how terrible that game has become at 5 yrs of development yet little survival progress. 

14 hours ago, Trunkz Jr said:

Finally someone that isn't afraid to say something. Not only that they have you TOW walls with vehicles, hoard all the vehicles and nobody can TOW lol makes no sense. The owner once replied saying that hoarding doesn't exist that on a high pop UK server only 43% of vehicles have items in them, but failed to mention that also includes the vehicles hardly being used like boats, buses, carts with no wheels, etc which actually more so proved that they are. Then they allow two storage boxes and over the past 1-2 years alone have added many more items yet no more storage, it's flat out terrible, even a server option would be nice especially for those PVE players. Sorry I could go all day about how terrible that game has become at 5 yrs of development yet little survival progress. 

Miscreated was in development since 2011/2012, this is when Dead Matter Mod was in development. 

1 hour ago, jooni said:

Miscreated was in development since 2011/2012, this is when Dead Matter Mod was in development. 

Was there evidence Miscreated was since then? I've only seen by the Miscreated Forums that Terry Evans made an update in early 2013 (which would have been 5 years by now). 

I would compare to single Sweedish developer who started working on Just US in Summer 2017 and has already done so much work .

Edited by Trunkz Jr

lol yes it is  car hoarders are horrible and a pain to enforce in misscreated   we have to rely on reports from the player base to locate and resolve   via admin commands   but in this game  if they dont allow player created bases it should not be a problem 

I have to ask about the weapons real quick. Since the game's supposed to be set in Canada, how is there AKs and the Serbu Super Shorty in Canada? Aren't they illegal in Canada all around?

I mean, of course I know it's a game, but I just want to know what's your thoughts on this subject. Other than that, you guys are doing an awesome job as always! :)

Edited by WerewolfNightmare

20 minutes ago, WerewolfNightmare said:

I have to ask about the weapons real quick. Since the game's supposed to be set in Canada, how is there AKs and the Serbu Super Shorty in Canada? Aren't they illegal in Canada all around?

I mean, of course I know it's a game, but I just want to know what's your thoughts on this subject. Other than that, you guys are doing an awesome job as always! :)

AK's (though not the variations) aren't illegal, just the huge mags and automatic capability. You'll likely find pinned mags and semi-auto only. But there are always illegal weapons stashed about, especially in rural areas. Plus, you'll be able to modify guns in game, so much of that could be stuff that players have to modify to the gun. 

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎22 at 8:34 AM, Regicidalnut said:

As far as I know, the trains will be able to be used as limited, but mobile bases. Players will be able to control, fortify, and drive them as needed. Provided that have the proper resources and tools, of course. 

oh my god this is pretty freaking cool to be honest!

On 1/26/2018 at 10:42 AM, WerewolfNightmare said:

We take a bit of liberty at bending the "rules" in favour of making the game more fun to play. There is also the possibility that Americans and their firearms moved north through the border during the outbreak. 

in Miscreated, without interaction, vehicules depop after 48 hours. If not, you will have to raid bases ;)

Edited by FredLeFurieux

On 1/29/2018 at 9:54 AM, FredLeFurieux said:

in Miscreated, without interaction, vehicules depop after 48 hours. If not, you will have to raid bases ;)

Which isn't that often, just 1 one person log on, interact and log out and safe for another 2 days.

3 hours ago, imGaab said:

Its gonna be a new miscreated.... ://

Game will never be like Miscreated I can assure you from someone who has followed Miscreated since 2013. Miscreated presented these ideas of an aftermath survival from the year 2089, and yet in-game it looks like it's set in 1990. The entire story of Miscreated makes no sense (can read it Here), I could write a book of where Miscreated went wrong but I'll just leave it at DM so far has made the right decision holding off for many months.

Question. Do preorders get the armored hazmat recipe? Not that the answer will change the fact I'll grab it as soon as I have the disposable income, but I'm just curious.

2 hours ago, Death said:

Question. Do preorders get the armored hazmat recipe? Not that the answer will change the fact I'll grab it as soon as I have the disposable income, but I'm just curious.

Highly doubt this.

On 1/27/2018 at 6:58 PM, Shirk said:

We take a bit of liberty at bending the "rules" in favour of making the game more fun to play. There is also the possibility that Americans and their firearms moved north through the border during the outbreak. 

Will they be fully-automatic though? In the United States, you can purchase Ak-47s, AR-15s, and stuff easy, but they're all semi-automatic. The only way you can get a fully-automatic version would be if you purchased it off the dark web (which you could do in Canada), or 3D print an automatic lower receiver (which you could also hypothetically do in Canada)

For gameplay purposes, I wouldn't mind. I'm just speaking in real terms.