Dead Matter
ATTENTION: Due to issues with the new forum update the custom theme has been disabled. The theme will return when all issues have been resolved.
jooni

Community Update #3 - Discord Role + Pre-Orders now available!

Hello Survivors!

We silently launched http://qisoftware.ca/ last night, this website allows you to gain access to your backer role on Discord (as well as the forums in the near future!). It also acts as our backend for distributing keys once the time comes, we highly recommend that if you've backed us via Kickstarter or via PayPal to create an account. Please create the account using your Kickstarter Email or the email address of the PayPal account you used to back Dead Matter (if that's the method you decided to pursue).

To redeem your role on Discord, please follow these instructions by @Faesyn:

Dead Matter Backers can get a blue name in discord if they:

-Go to https://qisoftware.ca/store/login and click Register an Account.

-While filling in your registration, Make sure you use the same email used for backing.

-You should receive an email which will say "Click here to complete your account setup." (click the word "here").

-Log in with the email and password you used, click the button on left side that says [Profile].

-On the right side of Discord Username click create, fill in your full discord id Name#1234 hit Return/Enter to save.

Done

tbh this kind of makes me loose interest. Also my parents paid for my backing of the game as an early birthday present and I'm sure they wouldn't want a bunch of confirmation emails and stuff and plus it requires a lot of effort for something that might not even be used. But I will do it anyway because I love this game idea so much. 

Edited by awesomelucas18

10 minutes ago, awesomelucas18 said:

tbh this kind of makes me loose interest. Also my parents paid for my backing of the game as an early birthday present and I'm sure they wouldn't want a bunch of confirmation emails and stuff and plus it requires a lot of effort for something that might not even be used. But I will do it anyway because I love this game idea so much. 

Once I've got a more robust admin panel I'm happy to switch the email around once verified.

23 minutes ago, Gunterman5 said:

So final question once i made an account in the site how long will it take for my backer role to be recognized?

On discord, instantly. I think they're still working on getting the forum badges up.

48 minutes ago, ejtee said:

What if I do not have an account on the discord?

It's not mandatory at all, it's just a bonus reward for people that like to use Discord.

32 minutes ago, Gunterman5 said:

So final question once i made an account in the site how long will it take for my backer role to be recognized?

Provided the correct info is used, it's instant.

6 minutes ago, pussiboi said:

If I don't sign up to this will I still receive a key? Because I made an account and I'm pretty sure its saying I'm not a backer. I backed through kickstarter

Make sure the account for QISoftware.ca matches your Kickstarter account information. (email address!)

3 hours ago, jooni said:

Hello Survivors!

We silently launched http://qisoftware.ca/ last night, this website allows you to gain access to your backer role on Discord (as well as the forums in the near future!). It also acts as our backend for distributing keys once the time comes, we highly recommend that if you've backed us via Kickstarter or via PayPal to create an account. Please create the account using your Kickstarter Email or the email address of the PayPal account you used to back Dead Matter (if that's the method you decided to pursue).

Will this work for the forum, too? A badge or something, a Status for baker threads?

regards.

1 minute ago, Karamellwuerfel said:

Will this work for the forum, too? A badge or something, a Status for baker threads?

regards.

Yes, in the near future (once our forum has it's API working) will have backer badges given out to people.

May I suggest that you implement 2FA on your new website, especially if that is the method that will be used to distribute keys and/or verify backer status.

Regardless, backed and good luck with the development.

Keepstarter Email isn’t the same as my normal use email, or for this site. Cool feature though!

just a note, your QI webpage doesn’t work well on mobile. Couldn’t save my Discord username to my profile. 

Edited by FerociousKyle

1 hour ago, VeritechHT1 said:

May I suggest that you implement 2FA on your new website, especially if that is the method that will be used to distribute keys and/or verify backer status.

Regardless, backed and good luck with the development.

Good idea! 

Just a FYI. For some reason, the 'here' link is blank in the confirmation mail. Using Firefox and Inbox (google).

image.png.755cd76dc6937c460b0d093d547ba7b6.png

Update. Clicking the link actually results in a warning:

image.png.88e8092a33ca6ff874dcb8267e168b3f.png

Edited by netty

Done. The whole email for me went to my junk folder. I moved it out but all the writing was greyed out and the wasen't any links. I used my gmail on my phone and it worked fine from there.

Whats Discord? And do I need it?

10 hours ago, jooni said:

Hello Survivors!

I couldn’t update my profile except for my password for some reason on mobile, but I will try it again when I get home.