jooni

Development Update #12

Development Update #12

Hey Survivors,

We've got the results in for the Camouflage competition that are now available. Here's some of our latest progress from the last couple of weeks that we've been working on Dead Matter.

Yadda

For those of you wondering why the sky present in our screenshots are missing clouds, we've been working on an overhaul. Although not visually complete (clouds are static at the moment) the crepuscular rays follow the directional light casted by the sun, which is a lot more than what we initially had in our kickstarter build. By the next blog entry we aim to integrate moving cloud forms and seamless blending between overcast/clear weather.

LqAlfkX.png

Another minuscule addition, crack sealant, road wear and potholes are procedurally placed along the length of road.

m06iwA6.jpg

Shirk

Since the last dev blog Ive been working on a set of commercial buildings intended to be used as a variety of stores or restaurants. The shopping plaza, like all of our structures are completely modular allowing for vastly different styles and combinations. The shopping plaza is going to be an important location when searching for supplies such as food, medicine, and clothing. All the buildings are completely enter-able and most you can climb onto the roof.

Don't mind the generic names on the buildings, and the odd layout of the plaza, this is just for demonstrational purposes.

lnG69uj.jpg

FFZII2C.jpgVYDEVEm.jpgbWOhDpA.jpgfDJ0mPk.jpg
YVANHSL.jpg
y5gJRKK.jpg

Dusty

kWpJR7a.jpg
M76BOtP.jpg
wNLJeed.jpg
jnPZXlI.jpg

MzkyGFL.jpg

Nomad

I have finished the truck camping trailer's materials with the legs fully extended in these images, and I have also made a flare gun to help with calling your teammates to a specific location or to act as a distraction. Just don't try loading 12g shotgun shells into it or you will be in for a bad time.

WSvhzHf.jpg

i6nNDIV.jpg

sGRPBj6.png

zenDNll.jpg

Social Media

Twitter - https://twitter.com/deadmattergame
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/quantumintegrity/
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYXv_gE6LCeLsUmNLrRcxaA
Discord - http://discord.gg/deadmattergame

QI
Pre-Orders - https://qisoftware.ca/
Press Inquiry - https://playdeadmatter.com/contact/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Looking good!  Can't wait to survive! Moving clouds doesn't seem like much but it sure makes the world way more imersive. Thanks for all the detail you guys are aiming for.

Amazing work guys! Every dev update blows my mind like a 20g shell in ah flare gun! Those cloud are sexy af! Keep up the great work guys.. And ill keep speading the word of dead matter like zombie brains on pavement

kWpJR7a.jpg&key=02505ab4ee1be74cb5796e55

Yes. Fuck yes, you guys actually added the C1A1.
I'm in tears.

3 hours ago, jooni said:

Nomad

I have finished the truck camping trailer's materials with the legs fully extended in these images, and I have also made a flare gun to help with calling your teammates to a specific location or to act as a distraction. Just don't try loading 12g shotgun shells into it or you will be in for a bad time.

WSvhzHf.jpg

i6nNDIV.jpg

Looking good Nomad! Man, I really look forward how the interior will look like and how it works as a living space :D

Amazing!! Like always, can't wait for more <3

11 hours ago, jooni said:

Just don't try loading 12g shotgun shells into it or you will be in for a bad time.

... can we add this into the game.. so you actually can make micro mistakes like this?! <3

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Looks absolutely beautiful as ever! Keep up the amazing work! All this waiting is giving me a headache, but it's a nice refresher to see a new dev diary!

One of my favorite things about the stuff we've been shown so far is how it really resembles modern suburbia realistically. I'm hoping they take it to the next level and have those shopping plazas filled out with "boring" stores like laundromats and tax offices - as long as they serve some purpose (there's got to be some reason to go in or else it'll just feel like empty content). Maybe shopping carts could be used to store items in (CDDA style!) and be pushed around at the cost of noise - there are usually those little carts in laundromats. I dunno, just throwing stuff out there. Amazing work as always, guys!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This Game is going to be a LEGIT dream come true, I know it will!! MINDS WILL EXPLODE!!!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The only thing I really have to question is: Is that pickup truck (the one in the picture of the plaza) going to be shortened? Because that is a very long wheelbase

Edited by kylel999

Posted (edited)

If you wanted to make it a little more real, instead of 3 Handicap spots you should have 2 and the another for expecting mothers B|

Edited by Trunkz Jr
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Trunkz Jr said:

If you wanted to make it a little more real, instead of 3 Handicap spots you should have 2 and the another for expecting mothers B|

yes

I honestly can't wait to play this game. Every time i check the development progress i hype myself up for the release. Here's hoping the gun audio and mechanics are god tier.