Jump to content
Dead Matter
ATTENTION: Due to issues with the new forum update the custom theme has been disabled. The theme will return when all issues have been resolved.
Deputy

Dead Matter Common Suggestions List

Recommended Posts

Dead Matter Common Suggestions List

    Howdy guys. I wanted to throw together a quick list of things that are commonly suggested, and whether they've been mentioned by devs as yes, no, and maybe. I'm going to be making this off of a few threads in forums, and what I know off the top of my head - if I miss any features that have already been confirmed, please mention it in the thread and I'll add it to the list. Additionally, feel free to check out Onyx's list of items and features containing planned features and other important bits of information along with this list.

     

    Key

   [n] - This is a confirmed 'No' from the development team. Please don't post about these unless there's something relevant and new about it.

    [y] - This is confirmed 'Yes' from the development team. This is something they definitely want to see in the game, but this does not constitute a guarantee. Please don't post about it unless you have something new or relevant to add.

  [m] - This is a 'maybe' from the dev team. It's something they've mentioned that they’re interested in, but is unknown if it's a confirmed feature. Please don't post about it unless you have something new or relevant to add.

    Everything else - Everything not marked would be something overwhelmingly decided by the community or that is self-evident. If you feel it needs discussion, bring it up here or in a thread if there's not already one out there.

 

   The Big No's!

    These are features that are either vehemently opposed by the majority of the community or are confirmed "no's" for now by the dev team.  

   

    [n]    Amputation   

    [n]   Automated turrets   

    [n]    Beginning of the game before the infection

    [n]    Children

    [n]    Fast travel

    [n]    Freeform building (similar to Rust/Miscreated)

    [n]    Ground deformation/digging

    [n]    Immunity/Cure

    [n]    Zombie infection transmission/being infected by zombies (subject to change in development)

    [n]    Loot boxes

    [n]    Micro transactions

    [n]    Mini Maps

    [n]    Nudity

    [n]    Overpowered weapons

    [n]    Overpowered Vehicles (i.e. Tanks)

    [n]    Personal Hygiene (bodily functions, etc.)

    [n]    Playing as a zombie

    [n]    Randomly generated maps

    [n]    Skill trees

    [n]    Spray paint

    [n]    Thermal vision

    [n]    Zombie animals

    [n]    Zombie Camouflage/Using Zombie Guts as a Disguise

     

    Tentative Yes's

    These are features the developers have expressed interest in adding.

 

  [m]    Porting/Console Version (Depending on Things)

 

   [y]    Ability to lock doors

   [y]    Animals

   [y]    Airdrops

   [y]    Area Maps (no location marker)

   [y]    Armor

   [y]    Barricading with furniture

   [y]    Bows and Crossbows

   [y]    Car Batteries

   [y]    Chainsaws

   [y]    Dismemberment

   [y]    Distractions

   [y]    Feral Animals

   [y]    Generators

   [y]    GPS

   [y]    Handcuffs

   [y]    Helicopters

   [y]    Hunting

   [y]    Hydroelectric dam

   [y]    Metagame system

   [y]    Motorcycles

   [y]    Modding support

   [y]    NPC's (of all types, good and bad)

   [y]    NPC management

   [y]    Planes

   [y]    Professions

   [y]    Player corpses/reanimated corpses (not playing as zombies)

   [y]    Ragdolls

   [y]    RVs

   [y]    Sadist Movie Director (in progress) aka The Governor

   [y]    Sewers and basements

   [y]    Solar panels

   [y]    Suppressors

   [y]    Tasers

   [y]    Trains

   [y]    Craftable/placeable traps

   [y]    Unconsciousness

   [y]    Vehicles

   [y]    Watches

   [y]    Weather/seasons

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Deputy said:

[n] Randomly generated maps

 That's a little game changing to have confirmed no. Interesting choice! Can't wait to see what Alberta ends up looking like.

Edited by David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David said:

 That's a little game changing to have confirmed no. Interesting choice! Can't wait to see what Alberta ends up looking like.

It's not really possible to have full maps randomly generated and be up to par with ones that are handmade. There will be certain aspects of the map that are procedurally generated and they want some things that can change from playthrough to playthrough, like roads that are closed in one world and open in another, but the overall layout won't change. That's also why they'll be allowing access to the world building tools that they use later on, so people can make their own maps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, can you guys do... Like, a separate dump thread for people with arguments for implementing the rejected suggestions?  I don't think that just because ideas are rejected means that they're necessarily worth forgetting altogether. Sometimes some really good arguments get made for bad or unpopular ideas, and it would also serve as maybe a section that could fuel mod ideas early on. Not that it would receive the whole suggestions thread treatment, just that it allows conversation about why ideas that are rejected are good and bad, and how, if they WERE to be implemented, how it could be done. Pretty much an idea discussion thread.

Edited by David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone, I'm here to give you my suggestions about the game ...

 

First of all, I'm giving my opinion, so I do not want to start a non-friendly talk here okay ?

 

so let's go...

 

First - I think having a base system in survival game is cool, but one thing you guys can not do is let the base system turn into a crazy base battle (same as H1Z1, which literally has no players now).

 

Second - be sure to add content to the game as... new weapons, new vehicles and so on, so it does not become a repetitive game.

 

Third - whenever possible try to increase the size of the map, so that players do not always keep going in the same city.

 

Fourth - add new zombies in the game to make it more difficult, so do not make it a full pvp game.

 

Fifth - try to put an injury system where playing it can break your leg if it falls from a high place and slows down.

 

Sixth - I do not know if this is going to work, but let's go ... try to put a disease system where the player can get sick... how this will work > the player is exposed to the cold or something like that > he gets sick > and then if he does not take medication, he will be slower and weaker > and if it takes too long they will faint and die.

 

these are my suggestions :D

Obs: First THANK YOU *GOOGLE TRANSLATOR* Second I'm a brazilian fan and i'm exciting for the game release

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, fifth is already going to be in the game if I recall correctly. Second, the modding community will be able to help make the game feel fresh.

Edited by Niam N

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Marcello Oliveira said:

Hello everyone, I'm here to give you my suggestions about the game ...

 

First of all, I'm giving my opinion, so I do not want to start a non-friendly talk here okay ?

 

so let's go...

 

First - I think having a base system in survival game is cool, but one thing you guys can not do is let the base system turn into a crazy base battle (same as H1Z1, which literally has no players now).

 

Second - be sure to add content to the game as... new weapons, new vehicles and so on, so it does not become a repetitive game.

 

Third - whenever possible try to increase the size of the map, so that players do not always keep going in the same city.

 

Fourth - add new zombies in the game to make it more difficult, so do not make it a full pvp game.

 

Fifth - try to put an injury system where playing it can break your leg if it falls from a high place and slows down.

 

Sixth - I do not know if this is going to work, but let's go ... try to put a disease system where the player can get sick... how this will work > the player is exposed to the cold or something like that > he gets sick > and then if he does not take medication, he will be slower and weaker > and if it takes too long they will faint and die.

 

these are my suggestions :D

Obs: First THANK YOU *GOOGLE TRANSLATOR* Second I'm a brazilian fan and i'm exciting for the game release

This post is meant to serve as a guide, if you want to make a suggestion then you should make a new post of your own. However, most of what you suggested is actually already confirmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

love what u guys got up there for confirmed yes, although I cant say I agree with all the no's. but I would love to see that firing a gun would be super dangerous, like just firing one would alert  a ton of zombies even from far away, of your general location. (because echoes) so if your in a gun fight u better get in and out fast or you'll be swarmed. ohh.. and one more thing, I think almost all military guns should only spawn at outpost, with military zombies being harder to kill (because armour) so that's about it, I hope u guys take my suggestion into account thank u for your time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, zugi said:

I agree with every one of the big no's, except spray paint. come on, we want shovels with faces on them.

The spray paint is in regards to free form painting like in Rust. Weapon skins will be a thing and will require paint, though I may not expect smiley face shovels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2018 at 8:59 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

What is the difference between dismemberment and amputation?

Fundamentally they're the same thing, Dismemberment is a violent removal of a limb wheres Amputation is surgical removal of a limb.

 

But in the context of the list, Dismemberment is limbs coming of the infected. Whiles Amputation would be removal of player limbs

Edited by Amerak
Fixed typos and used the correct they're

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2018 at 5:01 PM, Amerak said:

Fundamentally there the same thing, Dismemberment is a violent removal of a limb wheres Amputation is surgical removal of a limb.

 

But in the context of the list, Dismemberment it limbs coming of the infected. Whiles Amputation would be removal of player limbs

Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification my man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, zugi said:

how will unconsciousness work? will u have to be hit in the head with a blunt weapon, or if you don't get sleep. or if u don't drink water?

Unconsciousness is worked pretty deeply into the medical system. So head trauma, dehydration, and blood loss would be ways for a player to fall unconscious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a gamer of H1Z1 survival, Rust, DayZ, and even Arma DayZ, I have never been so hyped for a game of zombie survival. I will back this game as soon as I got the money, maybe some pizza for you guys too if I got a little extra. I have a few suggestions to add more immersion into a game. Nothing makes me more interested in a zombie game like immersion. 

 

Suggestion #1: The feeling of paranoia. An example could possibly be just noises like a zombie hitting the front door that could spook you a little nothing insane like they're hording a building but like zombies couldn't see glass so maybe it bumps into it and causes a little scare. Another example is moaning outside of a building you're staying in. Which could add earplugs into the game to not give you a paranoia effect. It's a realistic vibe in my mind, if you had been in a zombie apocalypse, you'd probably get tired of moaning zombies 24/7.

 

Suggestion #2: I saw the post on hard no on sprays. So I'll make this super quick so I don't waste your time if you don't agree at all but I think sprays should be added so you can tag a wall with a personal group spray, like marking your territory. Nothing too insane.

 

Suggestion #3: I don't know if you have it yet or are thinking about it but I was thinking BushMan! Wearing a camo bush would be amazing for wanting to be stealthy which I like to immerse myself and try to go quiet rather than guns blazing.

 

Suggestion #4: I think I saw something about it but different body positions. Example could be lying down and of course rolling on the ground, crouching and somersaulting.

 

Suggestion #5: I know this one is kinda stupid but I really want a dressing feature than just simple clothing. Example could be socks, jewelry, glasses, piercings, and ESPECIALLY COLORED ARM BANDS, the last one is the real biggie I want. But the others would just be cool to have.

 

That's all I have from the top of my head hopefully I get to see one of these in the game,

Thank you so much for reading, TiPN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2018 at 10:45 PM, Skeptic said:

The spray paint is in regards to free form painting like in Rust. Weapon skins will be a thing and will require paint, though I may not expect smiley face shovels.

Any chance of being able to paint a name or a groups name like territory claims so long as it’s not profane. Maybe make temporary markings like military use to say a room is clear or friendlys area this way or safety this way? Maybe make temporary markings last 5-15 mins? Maybe use basic icons like arrows and “X’s” or some basic words like safety and danger or zombies inside?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Saber6_1 said:

Any chance of being able to paint a name or a groups name like territory claims so long as it’s not profane. Maybe make temporary markings like military use to say a room is clear or friendlys area this way or safety this way? Maybe make temporary markings last 5-15 mins? Maybe use basic icons like arrows and “X’s” or some basic words like safety and danger or zombies inside?

Not sure, a collection of pre-made decals that players can use would be cool. It has been lightly talked about, but not confirmed either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

just started reading through the forums as a convert from other survival games.

Stoked to see that you are NOT putting in skill trees and micro transactions. In my opinion, these are the quickest way to spoil a great game.

Cant wait till December for the alpha release

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bear said:

Hi,

just started reading through the forums as a convert from other survival games.

Stoked to see that you are NOT putting in skill trees and micro transactions. In my opinion, these are the quickest way to spoil a great game.

Cant wait till December for the alpha release

Welcome aboard, Bear. Great OG name grab, can't wait either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2018 at 3:37 PM, JohnyWellington said:

Modular vehicle engines,

 

Spark plugs

Distributor

Air filter

Starter

Oil filter

Oil

Gas

Coolant

Wheels

Drive belt

Battery

 

Cars overheat & chance to break down depending on parts condition

It has already been confirmed that cars will require maintenance in game and have a deterioration rate. The rate of deterioration will depend on things like if they are stored under cover or not.

It hasn't been confirmed yet exactly what you will have to do to maintain the vehicle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2018 at 2:49 AM, Deputy said:

    [n]    Zombie animals

 

Why said not to this? Zombie dogs can be awesome. right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a hyper realistic shooter game called Escape from Tarkov
every little movement makes noise, no matter how slow you go, crouching etc
Their skill system is something i think would benefit dead matter and make it more immersive 
the concept of these skills would be great in DM imo

Using or doing things gradually increasing your skill, and also the memory skill in Tarkov makes it so that if you dont use certain skills, the skill starts to deteriorate.
It's not points that you put into from leveling up, it's just things you acquire over time depending on how often you do it.
A system like this would be great for DM
 

Tarkov.PNG

Tarkov 2.PNG

Tarkov 3.PNG

Tarkov 4.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...