Welcome to The Dead Matter Community!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NOTICE

Read this first BEFORE  you register!

Lento

Shipping containers

8 posts in this topic

Hey people all around !

So I had this idea from Telltale games walking dead series.

Anyways, a cool thing in the game would be to have those large shipping containers. That you could drive a semi truck to a port or something and by using a crane you could load a container on your truck and drive it somewhere. For example to a neighborhood where you're settled in. Then use it to block the street or something like that. Basically making like a wall with them to reinforce your neighborhood. Since there will be no base building then this would be a great feature to have.

I'm not very good at explaining the idea that I have , but the main thing is that  it would be awesome if it would be possible to load a container like that on a truck and unload it where you want.

Yeah, it does look like an amazing idea, very interesting and itll add a new way that you can create a community that people want to join because its safe. 

I'm all for having shipping containers but realistically your average person wouldn't know how to load the container onto a trailer also getting it off would be a different story. Maybe being able to find already loaded trailers and then just tip them over with a forklift to create the "wall". 

But the real question is why use a shipping container as a wall when you could make a fence? Again, building your own cities or taking over an entire town and walling it up is not really gonna be a thing in this game.

It's a bit more effective to have shipping containers keeping out looters and undead hordes than fencing. Fencing can be scaled, knocked down, broken (at least IRL, not sure if any of these features are confirmed in-game) while shipping containers are much more difficult to scale or break and much, much more structurally sound. Plus if the shipping containers have side doors they can be a zombie proof entrance to your settlement, or they can act as entrance funnels. 

I believe that settlements have been confirmed on multiple occasions. This has been said to be the type of game where you can build your own community, and in my opinion it would be safe to assume that a community in this context may take up any amount of space. It may be just in one of the warehouses shown off in previous vlogs or maybe in part of a neighborhood that's been walled off. It looks like taking over managably small sections of developed land and walling it off is going to be a possibility but it needs resources, time, and effort to do.