Welcome to The Dead Matter Community!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NOTICE

Read this first BEFORE  you register!

jooni

New Coat of Paint

29 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I figured that I would go ahead and re-do the theme on the forums since they weren't really getting a lot of use. Let me know if there's any issues or anything we should be adding. You will be able to redeem backer status on the forum soon and gain access to a private message board and a whole bunch of other goodies.

6 minutes ago, David said:

Noticed this. Is this on my end? The font is just really dark, it turns white when I put my mouse over the text.

Go down to the bottom of the page and change the theme to the Dead Matter Default theme.

8 hours ago, HavocHank said:

Go down to the bottom of the page and change the theme to the Dead Matter Default theme.

8 hours ago, Onyx said:

image.png.5a8a7d4da64d70dcaa0b12689d466011.png

Thats the old look

Thank you both. Changed the theme and now I see the difference. It looks very, very nice!

Wow, very nice, but on the profile page there is no background and also  I think it would be better if you could do it longer. It starts to fade very on the top. I hope you understand what I'm saying. xD

Edited by STRADIVARIUS

Hi everyone. I've had some access to the forums CSS and I've done some mobile tweaks. Generally it should be a lot more clearer in some areas and be overall less thumb stretching.

image0.png

You are now no longer staring at a 370-400px banner with no content. You're now seeing the top of the forums which is much better. If you see any bugs do @Taliyah here on the forums or Taliyah#9571 on Discord and let me know what's up.

23 hours ago, STRADIVARIUS said:

Wow, very nice, but on the profile page there is no background and also  I think it would be better if you could do it longer. It starts to fade very on the top. I hope you understand what I'm saying. xD

I'll look into this now.

Quit edit:

This is going to be a long and complicated fix. No promises on this one.

Also we are LIMITING clubs to a just a few. No numbers yet but we don't want a spamming issue. It's also not well thought out so if you want your club deleted/owner transfered. You'll have to PM me or the community moderators and then they'll pm me to do it.

Hi guys. More changes. Mostly mobile fixes and some desktop fixes.

Core Forums:

Adjusted Ratings. Agree should now give positive rep. Bad Reading will now give negative rep. Disagree will also now give negative rep.

Desktop:

Fixed usernames not being centered(Sorry!).

Adjusted report and share buttons.

Mobile:

Adjusted report and share buttons on posts.

Fixed rep being cut off for high numbers.

Adjusted margins of sizes.

Fixed the close button on reports dialog.

Just a few possible formatting issues if you'll see the attached images (4 in total). I've tried resizing resolution and also fixed into mobile view (via Chrome Console so pseudo mobile view) and it's kind of messed up when it comes to those radio input buttons (the bubbles). Not sure if it's just me but thought I should report this here since I could see the same issues on Firefox as well.

Issue1.png

Issue2.png

Issue3.png

Issue4.png

8 hours ago, David said:

Thank you for the updates, Taliyah. Everything looks great and everything's functioning nicely on mobile now, as far as I can tell.  

Does disagree have to give negative rep? Since rep is a way of telling how good of a member of the community someone has proven themselves to be, it seems a little unfair that if you have a very unpopular opinion on something you run the risk of losing rep. 

ATM there's no punishment system in place for having a negative rep and having unpopular opinion.

Can always change it back if it deems itself unpopular

13 hours ago, Karunashi said:

Just a few possible formatting issues if you'll see the attached images (4 in total). I've tried resizing resolution and also fixed into mobile view (via Chrome Console so pseudo mobile view) and it's kind of messed up when it comes to those radio input buttons (the bubbles). Not sure if it's just me but thought I should report this here since I could see the same issues on Firefox as well.

This is half fixed. A lot of it is tied and this is not a pleasant 1 change fixes everything. I've made it a lot less worse however.

FYI. You can now hide your own posts as normal regular members.

HOWEVER

Moderators and Staff can see what you hide. You will still be warned as normal if you are to flame, shitpost, spam. There are no changes to the rules.

21 minutes ago, JacobJames said:

Is there a way to change a club from private to open?

I've let one of our admins know so they might be able to help you. It'll be a while though before they are able to take a look at it and reach you.

43 minutes ago, JacobJames said:

Is there a way to change a club from private to open?

Only a few with AdminCP can do this  but I’ve made this change for you.