Dead Matter
ATTENTION: Due to issues with the new forum update the custom theme has been disabled. The theme will return when all issues have been resolved.
Floofie

Lore suggestions

So I know that some people have suggested adding lore into the game to give it a little more atmosphere, so why not suggest some ACTUAL lore to discover?

Anything from mysterious, to sad, depressing, hopeful, empowering, or just downright terrifying.

Something like Red Dead Redemption 2; there was an instance in the game where you randomly walk up on some suspect looking guy sitting in vicinity of a swap and then next thing you know, you have to fight a whole gang of weirdos.

Of course, this is a post-apocalyptic environment so nothing equivalent to that, but something like discovering old tapes that talk about life before the outbreak, during it, or tapes that even record the date when it was created; men and women that confess doing crimes against humanity or behind the backs of their loved ones, or even written messages that are hidden throughout the world that lead you to places to discover that may have loot, or some fatal surprise.

Think of it as adding some kind of Creepy Pasta to this thread but tailored to the game's atmosphere.

I know that adding long stories or extensive background into the game might be something big to ask for, I just thought it would be cool to see what people would come up with to spice up the lore behind the Dead Matter world. 

If this has been brought up, please delete this thread. It's almost 1 AM and I just randomly thought of this. 😅

That type of environmental storytelling is exactly what they want to go for. Messages on walls, notes, papers, etc will all be used to tell a story through the surroundings.

15 hours ago, HavocHank said:

That type of environmental storytelling is exactly what they want to go for. Messages on walls, notes, papers, etc will all be used to tell a story through the surroundings.

I get that. Small, subliminal messages that give very small hints about the world and the event.

This particular thread talks about BIGGER stories behind those subliminal messages, that lead you throughout the world instead of just reading a small piece of paper and going about your day.

It really sounds like what the devs are going for is almost a Fallout-esque passive narrative experience, especially like how 76 tells its stories. It sounds like some of the factions and NPC survivors will actually be alive to talk about the world too.