Dead Matter
ATTENTION: Due to issues with the new forum update the custom theme has been disabled. The theme will return when all issues have been resolved.
Space83

What do you wann see in the game?

On 1/18/2019 at 1:09 AM, David said:

It'd be cool to get in-depth coop player interaction. Stuff like helping each other over ledges or holding hands to lead, small things like that.

I like your suggestion it is very useful and immersive. I defiantly can see leading afk player out of danger as a very useful feature

On 1/18/2019 at 12:09 AM, David said:

It'd be cool to get in-depth coop player interaction. Stuff like helping each other over ledges or holding hands to lead, small things like that.

It's recently been shown that you can have your character ragdoll, and have a friend pick them up and carry them.

I would like to see small character morale boosts, I believe in game this attributes to the player characters comfort as I think I remember in the videos. So things such as taking a shower (Whilst the water still functions) and simple things like sitting in chairs and laying down in beds, more of the role play sort of features that would add a lot of flavour to the game.

Also, I don't know if character hair growth will be a feature but maybe using a bathroom mirror to observe so you can cut your hair and shave might be a good idea? Depends on how labour intensive these things are really.

Edited by Raccu

It’d be cool to see different types of players based off what they were before the apocalypse. Say when you start off making a character you can choose wether you were a doctor before the apocalypse and so you'll start off with some healing supplies and a doctors coat and a scalpel or maybe you were a police officer and you start with a pistol and a battalion and police suit ect. I think this would add way more in depth detail and everyone has a different strategy starting off.

Probably too late for this, but watching the mud mechanics in Spintires:Mudrunner........

If Dead Matter had not just zombies, .....but  also changing seasons and weather, plus mud mechanics, or maybe even destroy-able roads ( Through weather or explosives ) .....I would die

The thought of trying to prep to survive winter while also scouting / surviving the zombies and at the same time competing with other players in and around the Canadian wilderness gives me a stiffy

I kind of envision a type of atmosphere like the one depicted in the classic 1980's post nuclear apocalypse movie Defcon 4....cold, raining, dismal

The ability to move items for creating a barrier between you and the baddies.  Perhaps some items require more than one person to move, two perhaps. Or even better, a vehicle.

Jersey barriers, when found, would be amazing for one's own fort in limiting vehicle access and perhaps even shunting the dead in a desired direction

Don't know if this is the right section, buuuuuuuut:

Zombies that pop out of totally unexpected places, like jumping off a roof when you walk by a building, or popping up out of a dumpster when you open the lid, jumping out of trees, popping up out of lakes and rivers, hiding under vehicles, hiding in vehicles, under porches, in closets, portapottys, out of bushes or hedgerows when you walk by, etc

Would be funny if you could stuff one into the trunk of a vehicle, close the trunk lid and leave it there for the next unsuspecting player. Or inside the fridge of a house, a closet, a shed, etc

Would also add a bit of suspense if you didn't always hear them when they were close by, so you'd be walking by something and RAWR one would jump out and scare the doodoo outta ya

I'm underwhelmed by always knowing when there's a zombie close by just because I can hear it making noise behind a wall or something, it does nothing to make the environment suspenseful 

There could be zombies that look .....dead, but when you walk by they suddenly come to life. The risk assessment when navigating potentially dangerous " corpses " laying in the road might add some suspense 

On 4/24/2019 at 10:53 PM, Oreo Speedwagon said:

Don't know if this is the right section, buuuuuuuut:

Zombies that pop out of totally unexpected places, like jumping off a roof when you walk by a building, or popping up out of a dumpster when you open the lid, jumping out of trees, popping up out of lakes and rivers, hiding under vehicles, hiding in vehicles, under porches, in closets, portapottys, out of bushes or hedgerows when you walk by, etc

Would be funny if you could stuff one into the trunk of a vehicle, close the trunk lid and leave it there for the next unsuspecting player. Or inside the fridge of a house, a closet, a shed, etc

Would also add a bit of suspense if you didn't always hear them when they were close by, so you'd be walking by something and RAWR one would jump out and scare the doodoo outta ya

I'm underwhelmed by always knowing when there's a zombie close by just because I can hear it making noise behind a wall or something, it does nothing to make the environment suspenseful 

There could be zombies that look .....dead, but when you walk by they suddenly come to life. The risk assessment when navigating potentially dangerous " corpses " laying in the road might add some suspense 

Very Very Very good Idea!

What about some sort of mechanic you could use to draw zombies to other players or AI groups and their hideouts ?

Maybe some sort of rigged device that makes noise, ( Scavenged car alarms, etc ) you would have to sneak up and stick it somewhere without anyone seeing you, it would be remotely set off

Maybe you'd stealthily climb up on somebody's roof and hide it there, then hunker down in the bushes at a distance and watch them get overrun by the infected when it started making a bunch of noise

You could even do something like boobytrap a random building and then the next unsuspecting players would set it off ( or see it and disarm it ) while looting / exploring and have to either fight the horde or run

This would mean players would not only have to keep an eye out for the infected, but also traps from other players that would bring in the horde