Dead Matter
ATTENTION: Due to issues with the new forum update the custom theme has been disabled. The theme will return when all issues have been resolved.
Zaps

Animals

i know there are animals in the game but is there gonna be any farm animals in the game? i think it would be cool to let us farm animals for food or as an alternative to using vehicles i would love to see horses in the game

I really hope I'm wrong but I believe horses were confirmed no awhile back for whatever reason. 

Please feel free to correct me.

I don't know if farm animals are directly confirmed but if there are farm areas around Alberta it's probably fairly likely that there will be cattle, pigs, and other farm animals in the game.

damn.Hope your wrong haha. I wonder why they don't want to add horses maybe its a lot of development for the team :/

I think adding horses is risky because it's a bit politic and it could annoy people, even riding a horse doesn't fit with the game when you can have big vehicules ,horses is kinda useless in my opinion.

Horses would be useful for a few reasons. Less noise, less maintenance, and no need for non-renewable feul. If I recall, map resources won't respawn by default, so in the very, very late-game on a server where resources have been mostly stowed away, it'd probably be useful to have horses.

38 minutes ago, David said:

Horses would be useful for a few reasons. Less noise, less maintenance, and no need for non-renewable feul.

That's the role that bicycles will fill. 

39 minutes ago, David said:

If I recall, map resources won't respawn by default

This has changed after some reconsideration. Loot will respawn, but spawn rates will still decrease over time. 

1 hour ago, HavocHank said:

That's the role that bicycles will fill. 

This has changed after some reconsideration. Loot will respawn, but spawn rates will still decrease over time. 

Thank you.

Snag some code from Red Dead Redemption for Horse mechanics. 

If we get a vote, I'm gunna have to vote Pro Horse. I just like the idea of roughing It through the mountains on horseback, with some stuffed saddle bags. Idk it feels like the right fit. Stamina would limit the horse like fuel limits vehicles, but there are perks to both. 

I get it, I'm an animal person, but horses would be in the game to help. If they die, then they die....makes the game more realistic

On 2/9/2019 at 4:05 PM, David said:

Horses would be useful for a few reasons. Less noise, less maintenance, and no need for non-renewable feul.

.horses can be pretty noise and about less maintenance ,if for example the horseshoe gets lose you have to put it again and if the horse brokes his leg his done and about deseases but about the vantage about having horses would be faster and with less problems in rough terrain .about the non-renewable feul would you feed the horse like for me would be grass for the productive seasons and hei(dkn the corret name) and grain for the winter now there wouldn`t be always those ways to feed the horse like the grain pachages would be like loot(hard to found) .well im done, congrats if you red this entire thing.

Rural Alberta is largely ideal horse country and it would seem strange to not include them IMO.

As far as horse feed goes, if you can't find it there, it's probably because you've become a zombie...

content_Prairie_Sky_Trekearth.jpg