Dead Matter
ATTENTION: Due to issues with the new forum update the custom theme has been disabled. The theme will return when all issues have been resolved.
Dirty_Wizard

Proc-gen Sewers and drains?

I think the procedurally generated bunkers are a fantastic idea, such a great way to prevent the game from getting stale. They look awesome.

In the same vein, would the devs consider making proc gen sewers and stormwater drains too, for the mid-game? They can be such atmospheric scary places, with the ambient water dripping and stains on the walls, maybe some distant echoing scratching sounds. In a lot of zombie games it's cool to see evidence of abandoned survivor camps in the sewers. Maybe we could even set up our own camps in the dead ends underground. And what if you were careless and became trapped on both sides by zeds? That feeling of having to fight for your life in a dirty disgusting underground tomb is pretty intense.

It was such an awesome part of Dead Island and Fallout Vegas to find an easily overlooked door under a highway bridge leading down into the depths of some drain or dirty sewer. You'd venture down there and not know what you'd find or where you would end up. Sometimes you'd emerge into a different part of the world and not know where the hell you were.

Devs, please consider adding drains/sewers to the game and filling them with mid-level loot and a few abandoned survivor camps?7a4952ece56e744d71c16c3dd48e71ce.jpg

Procedural generated sewers would be fairly cool too. But as an extra form of immersion, coming there unprepared to battle the stench of even falling into the sewage should cause your character to vomit or smell really bad. Sewers and septic tanks are literally filthy so I don't blame anyone from gagging and adding to it.

On 3/2/2019 at 10:11 AM, Lancer said:

Procedural generated sewers would be fairly cool too. But as an extra form of immersion, coming there unprepared to battle the stench of even falling into the sewage should cause your character to vomit or smell really bad. Sewers and septic tanks are literally filthy so I don't blame anyone from gagging and adding to it.

That is a fantastic idea but i think they could also add an "ill state" if you pass  to much time in the sewers, being that the reason for the abandoned survivors camp down there