Welcome to The Dead Matter Community!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NOTICE

Read this first BEFORE  you register!

Andreaus Whitefyre

Linking the Radio Station to an Actual Online Station

8 posts in this topic

The Wife owns an Online Radio Station Licenced in Canada and Following all such Legalities there and in the USA. It's Called Avatars Radio and can be found here. http://avatarsradio.info/

It is a Radio station made BY GAMERS FOR GAMERS. In fact all Live DJ's MUST be in a game when they are doing their sets.

Another game, Shroud of the Avatar (Permission to mention given by HavokHank) has in game Radios that link directly to AR's Stream through a direct URL link. Now SotA is built on Unity but Im sure it can easily be done in UE4 as a selection choice. Why am I mentioning all this you ask? Well the Wife, AKA the BOSS, AKA Amber Raine, the Owner of the station wants to be able to take over a Radio station and Stream AR across the airwaves when she plays. The Ability to do that and that fact that the game is being developed by a Canadian Gaming company are what drew her to this game when she normally DOES NOT play Zombie survival games. She hates Zombies in fact, but saw this and wanted to play. 

AR has brought and kept many player to and in SotA when it otherwise would have been dead. Richard Garriot has said so to Amber, and while I dont think you will lose players, I think AR could bring many more.

Either that, or a way to load up music tracks from ones PC to stream them out in game is what we both are looking for to make this game enjoyable so this is the Suggestion/Request I am making.

We of course would be willing to Promote Dead Matter in stream when on Air.

Radio stations were never planned on to have internet streaming support, since there are a lot of ways to abuse. That said though, you can use a program like Voicemeter to reroute audio from your PC to your microphone in game.

We havent started working on radio station functionality, and so a lot will change between now and then. 

I can understand the trust issue on streaming but surely theres gotta be a way to make it output from a program like windows groove music instead of using voice meter. 

Go check out AR. We are legally bound by all music laws so there would be no funny business whatsoever. 2 reasons.

1: I dont wana piss off the wife.

2: if the station gets shut down see rule 1.

I do look forward to the changes and ideas. I and the wife really want the stations to be more than "oh look, we can talk and send messages out"

What Legal Reasons if I may ask? 

Any music played by a Station like AR has to conform to Canadiana nd US Music laws, and we have to abide by certain language restrictions as well. As in if it's one of the 7 words of George Carlin, we can't say it or play it.

Simple Solution. Vet anyone wanting streaming access. For Example. AR wants to Stream in game. Vet AR Radio. Check them out, see what they do, see if they are legit. Once it is found out they are then add them to a limited list with access to stream without using VAC or Voicemeter. Any Radio station given such access that breaks the rules gets removed. 

Also as has been said, You guys take not responsibility whatsoever for what is played. That falls on the radio station and the station alone. So if I play a Song with all 7 of carlins words in it, Avatars Radio is in trouble, not Quantum Integrity.

the way I saw internet radio broadcast law was as long as you had your paperwork in order with the government and the public broadcasting rights for your music, it is safe to have the option to broadcast via the game's internet radio options as it would be a method of broadcasting the station just like how there are radio stations on twitch and youtube.