Dead Matter
ATTENTION: Due to issues with the new forum update the custom theme has been disabled. The theme will return when all issues have been resolved.
Sign in to follow this  
ThePureX

Zombie Death mechanics

Hi, I don't know if anyone has already suggested this but after watching the dev vlogs the zombie deaths have an "arcade feel". A running zombie should fall in the motion it is running in instead of falling backwards from a gun shot. This is just a suggestion but it would make the game look a bit more realistic and less like an arcade game.

Maybe you could also make it so zombies that fall on you would cause you to stumble and potentially take you to the ground making zombies that even more challenging as you have to worry about killing them to close to you.

Are you sure they fell backward? If you go to the dev video where they test out the smoke grenade, the player takes out a handgun and shoots two zombies, and they fell face first...due to them running as you said.

Dev vlog 7 at 3:50 the zombie didn't fall forward but went backwards and his top half just fell on his crotch. The whole body should have fell forward because I doubt bullets are able to make a zombie running towards u fly backwards

1 hour ago, ThePureX said:

Dev vlog 7 at 3:50 the zombie didn't fall forward but went backwards and his top half just fell on his crotch. The whole body should have fell forward because I doubt bullets are able to make a zombie running towards u fly backwards

Some of the bullet impact values are still being tweaked I believe, but there will be a little bit of arcadey-ness to it even afterwards.