Dead Matter
ATTENTION: Due to issues with the new forum update the custom theme has been disabled. The theme will return when all issues have been resolved.
Sign in to follow this  
Last1945

Question regarding the Service rifle in dev vlog 8

Posted (edited)

In the most recent devblog (at 1:38 to be exact) we see a rifle , its seems to be the normal m16a2 style rifle (forgive me for using the American name for the rifles , I'm American) but it has early a m16/m16a1 upper with the A2 style foregrip. You can tell its a A1 style upper because the carry handle is shorter and much more open ,  so will we be seeing the m16a1 in game? If so will it have the early foregrips?

Screenshot_2019-06-17-06-36-05-1.png

Edited by Last1945

1 hour ago, HavocHank said:

The weapon is the Colt Canada C7, which is the Canadian equivalent. I can't say for sure at this time which grips will be in though. 

Can't wait to bash in zed skulls with my 1960s era rifle while playing fortunate son

The orginal

On 6/17/2019 at 3:37 AM, Last1945 said:

In the most recent devblog (at 1:38 to be exact) we see a rifle , its seems to be the normal m16a2 style rifle (forgive me for using the American name for the rifles , I'm American) but it has early a m16/m16a1 upper with the A2 style foregrip. You can tell its a A1 style upper because the carry handle is shorter and much more open ,  so will we be seeing the m16a1 in game? If so will it have the early foregrips?

The original version of the C7, which is contemporary to the M16A2, featured an A1 style carry handle and sight with A2 style furniture. 

You can find nearly all types of AR-15 type rifles in Canada, but the C7 is Canadian military and police issue, as well as available on the civilian market.

The C7 is a 1980s contract made from the Colt 715 pattern. The XM16E1 and M16A1 rifles are both based on the Colt 604 pattern. They're similar, but the C7 is not 60s-era.

The C7A1 and A2 are their own animals, with mixes of collapsible stocks, 20" barrels, A2 furniture, and glorious optic of Canada, the ELCAN.