Welcome to The Dead Matter Community!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NOTICE

Read this first BEFORE  you register!

Freedomboner

Actual Modernized Weapons for the Times

18 posts in this topic

In every game we see the same basic guns: AKM, AR-15, M4, Remington 700, Glock, etc.  However a huge chunk of the actual market for firearms exists outside of these categories and it'd be nice to see them in game as, from a survival zombie game standpoint, they could be easy to find lying around since they've become more prevalent  in modern days.  By adding this attention to detail, it could further enhance the role-playing experience and the depth of play for many players, thus enhancing replay value.

A good instance of this is the CZ 75.  It's the second most cloned and popular pistol in the world, behind the 1911, and yet, it rarely shows up anywhere.  It'd be nice to see more modern variety in the game with proper manual of arms animations to go with it.  Others that have gained huge following recently, but have little representation in the video game industry have been included below.  This list isn't concise, but should give the idea.

AK-15 (Russia's new primary arm), CZ 75B, CZ 805, VZ-58, Steyr AUG, Steyr Männlicher, S&W J-Frame revolvers, literally ANY .22LR weapon (the most common weapon in the US), IWI X95, McMillan rifles, Sig Sauer P226 & P229, Sig Sauer MPX, Ruger GP100, Remington 1100, AR-10, Hi-Point (that hurt to write, but they're prevalent), Browning Hi-Power, CETME, SKS, & any pistol carbine...

Sure there's more, but it's a start.  Please!  <3  :D

You gotta remember that this game is based in Canada. As someone who lives in Canada I can guarantee you wouldn't be finding an AUG (or most of the guns you listed) anywhere outside a movie prop store. 

That's not entirely factual.  While licensing is considerably more strict in Canada,  Canadians actually have access to a greater variety of weapons, in some regards, than Americans due to arbitrary embargos and import restrictions that our Canadian brothers don't share.  It's actually impressive to see what our Canuck brothers have access to that Americans do not.  The best examples of this is the new Argentinian SMG and carbine that came out last year and most recently the Molot rifles.  We will NEVER get it, but even some Canadian gas stations have had it since a month after release.  Full-automatic models?  Hell no you won't find that on a Canadian civilian market.  Semi-automatic versions?  Bet your ass Canada has it and in 4 different colors.  lol  Also don't forget that the Canadian military is respectably armed to the teeth with a variety of weaponry.

As for the Sig being dropped, the can keep that as a suicide or "grenade" option.  xD

However, the primary point still remains, the video game industry needs to keep up with modern weapons and models to keep their titles equally current for their audience.

@Freedomboner The Canadian military does have pretty good modern weaponry, as well as the RCMP ERT. And as for what you said about semi auto rifles, we may be allowed to own them (As long as we get a restricted license for them approved by the government) they can't have a magazine bigger then 5 rounds. Unless you find said rifle at a military location, which Alberta only has a handful of

Aside from what I think is a gross underestimate of just how many magazines a single military installation with an armory would have, let me bite.  Let's say we changed nothing at all, would we have it limited to 5 round magazines anyway and why would this affect which rifles were present?

42 minutes ago, Freedomboner said:

Aside from what I think is a gross underestimate of just how many magazines a single military installation with an armory would have, let me bite.  Let's say we changed nothing at all, would we have it limited to 5 round magazines anyway and why would this affect which rifles were present?

I think he was just saying the civilian models... i think itd be interesting to see a civilian model of the gun AND the military variant.. would definitely entice me to go to those military spaces more frequently..

To play devils advocate.. i think the reason we dont find the more modernized guns is due to the REALISM of having them.. all of the major guns have existing soundbites for every action of the gun.. the reload, the shot, jamming.. etc. 

Using the brand new guns would require them to do a number of things;

• Record sound individually per new weapon used
  • Gain an intimate knowledge of the guns workings and how it will react in real world situations and pressure or over-use
  • Actually LOCATE and either buy or rent these guns to get this task completed.

I expect if we were to see newer guns (which i truly hope) they would be a later addition to the game.

I'm sure Americans would flee to Canada in the Z apocalypse (see walking dead) so it'd make sense for really any weapon to be in Alberta, however, in small quantities. C7 is gonna be common place and what my milsim group will run on our server.

And there's one more factor, the setting won't always be Alberta. The editor easily allows for different settings and hell you'd likely able to make any US/CAN/UK city you want from stock, and just a little modding and texture rework, anywhere in the world. So having m4s, m14s, mk18, scar, mg3s and all the like should probably be in. 

Worse come to worse I suppose we'll have to start porting in Escape From Tarkov models animations and sounds ;)

that weapons you suggested are interesting, but as criptongolem said, it will be added later to the game, some weapons i'd like to see may not be created because its overpower against normal zombies, since devs dont like the idea of getting out of realism and make mutated zombies, some future weapons like that would be powerful.

that's pretty sad for me.

don't forget any the Walther P99 it isn't a bad gun and is fairly popular. another one would be the Five-seveN those two are both made by FN.

now guns like the P90 and such should not be added since they are military grade (and please you will get so many negative reviews about it).

These are the commonly used Canadian military weapons.

3 hours ago, Chazzious said:

don't forget any the Walther P99 it isn't a bad gun and is fairly popular. another one would be the Five-seveN those two are both made by FN.

now guns like the P90 and such should not be added since they are military grade (and please you will get so many negative reviews about it).

These are the commonly used Canadian military weapons.

Dont forget the C9A2 LMG, or the C8A3 Carbine.

Honestly, it'd just be nice to see weapons outside of what cinema normally portrays.  They limit themselves to a few certain weapons and "looks" in order to deliver certain messages or dramatics that it leaves behind some great weapons that are actually common and in active use.  It'd be nice to see that Hollywood bleed-over be nipped in the bud in the video game industry for once.

Je suis d'accord avec Freedomboner, mais je comprends les développeurs, ils veulent que les armes qui se trouvent dans leur région aient un maximum de réalisme.

Personnellement, j'aimerais voir des armes comme le mxm ou le mkr20, je les teste sur arma 3 (ça peut être très lourd).😁

Edited by KTR-23

The CZ 75. p226 (planned), Browning HP, SKS, and lots of .22 lr rifles are already planned or in the game. One of the things about adding less known guns is they can often be somewhat obscure like the VZ-58 and not allow for a lot of customization on our end. Other guns like the Tavor (iwi x95) are also hideous guns that I dont want anywhere near DM. We do also have some guns that travel in from the US to Alberta, so thats how we justify some weapons like any of the AK series and other game traditional guns.