Dead Matter
ATTENTION: Due to issues with the new forum update the custom theme has been disabled. The theme will return when all issues have been resolved.
Yad

Development Diary #1 - Wet Materials + Revolvers

4 minutes ago, OPER8TOR said:

Careful! They like to be very intimate.

Nothing I can't handle, I am zombie hugger they just can't resist me.

Zombie hugger since Resident Evil 3 PS1

A good start.

Its nice to know it will look good, with impressive "wetness" and fog, it will certainly have the right feel during storms.

On the weather side of things I wonder how you will handle snow, Will it be dynamic and realistic (where sometimes it can be thrown about by the wind) or a simple "Blanket".

However, after years of backer support I also hope you are working on the "meat" of the game, and not just its looks.

Do I expect a smooth 60FPS on release with no glitches, honestly no But I am hopeful performance is a important consideration.

That said I feel my investment is well placed.

Edited by ltblackcoat
Misspell

This is really going to be exciting. I cant wait to be part of a ground up build like this be a part in the early test and help iron out the pesky bugs that a player hates or the hack that pepole use to destroy a great game as this on can be.  Please dont sale out like so many others have don and go free to play pay to win.  Looking forward to sinking some serious time and money into this new world.

Nice work with the revolver. This may sound silly but hear me out. In the event of a zombie outbreak, the most useful weapons are usually rifles, as their long barrels and shoulder stocks improve accuracy enough to make head shots at a reasonable distance without wasting ammo.

Given this situation, I think it would be more interesting lore wise to include custom made long barrel's and grips with shoulder stocks for pistols so they make for better zombie killing weapons. Attachments such as these would be found on scavengers and any former settlements that have been since destroyed. Any settlement with a shortage of rifles would start creating these modifications for pistols in order to better arm their people.

On 9/19/2017 at 2:17 AM, STRADIVARIUS said:

Man...can't wait no more, how much more untill we get to play it?

Q1 2018 (Feb?) was what they were saying for alpha, but there's always a chance that may get pushed back

55 minutes ago, FredLeFurieux said:

October 2 ... any news about Dead Matter development ? :|

They just got through the weekend like the rest of us, and I'm sure they took a break as well. I know they've been hard at work on the new dev diary. We'll hear something soon.