Dead Matter
ATTENTION: Due to issues with the new forum update the custom theme has been disabled. The theme will return when all issues have been resolved.
Maletone

What weapons are you hoping to see in game?

I think having a shit ton of melee weapons that you would actually find, and blending them seamlessly into the environment is one of the most immersive things a game can do. Like if I walk into a house, I should expect to find a shoehorn, a walking stick, a worn out hammer, a candlestick, a comb a toilet brush, a tooth brush, a weight, a model car, a kitchen knife, a spoon or a mop. not everything has to be very useful as a weapon but making it so you can use it as one would be great. I might be going a little bit too far with the spoon or the model car, but just walk around your house, There are things you could use as a weapon with varying degrees or efficiency everywhere. Hell, I could even hit someone with the keyboard I'm typing on right now. In their preview they did show a pretty wide variety of weapons, which in all honesty should be good enough for me or anyone else but whats the harm in hitting someone with a toilet brush instead of say, a hatchet? I could hit someone with a toilet brush in real life. Or the ability to throw anything youre holding, like just whisk a pop can at someone or whatever else, that could be fun

Throwing knives! Give me throwing knives, a pistol, maybe dual wield pistols, And i am gooooood to go :) But honestly, at least make throwing knives happen :) 

Edited by Josh_877

I would love to see a lot of everyday weapons introduced for sure; knives, machetes and guns like pistols and hunting rifles. I'm a big fan of melee combat in these types of games so I hope to see some really nice close quarters combat as well.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but I'd love to see an assortment of sub-machine guns like an MP7 or P90. Good crowd control stuff and would help clear out some zeds if you're on the run and need a good-handling weapon to suppress them.

Any weapons... as long as they not OP, takes all the challenge out of a survival game.

I would prefer to see it kept mainly to civilian style weapons with some of the military weapons as a rare find

Edited by Bear

13 hours ago, Bear said:

Any weapons... as long as they not OP, takes all the challenge out of a survival game.

I would prefer to see it kept mainly to civilian style weapons with some of the military weapons as a rare find

Hopefully the loot will be configurable so each server can set what spawns and how much.

6 hours ago, Falka said:

Hopefully the loot will be configurable so each server can set what spawns and how much.

Other games where i have had servers have given me that option.

I had a 7 days to die server and it allowed me to set the respawn rate for loot and the frequency for the air drops.

i would like to see the hk 417 ( AR ), Sig Sauer M 400 ( AR ), Ak 12 ( AR : which is using the 5.56 ammo instead of 7.62 ), cz 805 BREN S1 ( AR ), cz SCORPION EVO 3 S1 ( submachinegun ), Beretta M9A3 ( Pistol ), Sig sauer p320 ( pistol ), Cz p10c ( pistol ), hk vp9 ( pistol ), Beretta Apx ( pistol ) just a quick note : i think you should make all the pistol in this game have a few version to such as 9mm which is a full sized handgun which can carry 17 - 15 rounds depends on the handgun, the carry version which can carry around 12 rounds, and the compact version which can carry about 7 - 8 rounds, all of this version also depends on the handgun in real life i mean if in real life if this or that kind of handgun doesn't have a carry or compact version then it doesn't have one to in the dead matter game. a Lwrc sabr ( battle rifle ) Sr 25 ( sniper rifle ), As 50 ( sniper rifle ), Macmillan Tac 50 ( sniper rifle ), and last but not least the Awm ( sniper rifle )

6 hours ago, jooni said:

I love a good USP, especially the USP-M.

8 hours ago, Rokon said:

I'd like to see the USP, so I can run around as Solid Snake and pew things.

Is this a confirmation?

The semi automatic Vz58/CZ858 would be a good fit, seeing as it's relatively commonly owned in Canada (imo far more fitting for Alberta than the prohibited AK)

Another vote for more "Fudd" guns.

While tactical style weapons have become popular in Canada over the last 15 years or so, the majority of guns in Canada are traditional style sporting arms, and the folks who own them usually have larger collections than the typically younger guys {often gamers} who are drawn to the tactical stuff.

Bottom line, having lots of sporting guns lying around is not only realistic but makes sense from a weapons progression standpoint.