Welcome to The Dead Matter Community!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NOTICE

Read this first BEFORE  you register!

jooni

Development Diary #2

62 posts in this topic

Is Chaoss the same guy that was doing work on The Dead Linger? If so, that's awesome. I think his work was absolutely amazing for that game. He's a great artist and was a great pick for the team. It's really too bad nothing came of TDL, but it looks like Dead Matter will be what I was hoping TDL would be.

Get me a way to buy in soon and I will throw my money at you. I've been waiting for a good zombie survival game like this one and in that pursuit I've played 7 Days to Die, H1Z1 (Just Survive), DayZ, TDL and Project Zomboid. Only 2 are any good 7DtD and PZ. PZ is really good, but first person would make it cooler and 7DtD is fun, but not quite what I'm looking for.

I kinda went off on a tangent there, but my point is that I have high hopes for you guys and this game and need a way to buy in asap. :)

Edited by Death

Nice update. Are you guys using TrueSky to drive the sky or is it a completely stand-alone blueprint to do it? Anyways very interesting and impressive, looking forward to seeing more.

Hi, I'd like to back this project, but I've not been able to find the proper link. I've greatly enjoyed seeing the work put in so far, and I hope to see the final product to become a big hit.

5 hours ago, zenbotta said:

Hi, I'd like to back this project, but I've not been able to find the proper link. I've greatly enjoyed seeing the work put in so far, and I hope to see the final product to become a big hit.

Backing closed on August 31. You'll be able to find keys in giveaways and later on Steam Early Access after the Closed Alpha next year.

Very cool! I'm glad to see the night sky is based off real world data.

I just wish it looked like this. Technically speaking it's accurate!!!! :( 

Oh well. I suppose that's what mods are for. Great job guys!

Realistic night/day, sparkly snow, Power Boxes, successful stress testing and the ability for navigating by the stars.

My investment seems sounder by the update, However I still await what you will do with Trains.

I have expressed my feeling quite well on the forums already however, So I have nothing but praise for now.