Dead Matter
ATTENTION: Due to issues with the new forum update the custom theme has been disabled. The theme will return when all issues have been resolved.
jooni

Development Diary #3

Phenomenal update!

The gas station blew me away, it looks amazing! I love how well you captured the original gas station's look. The polish on it is stunning.

The small details you put on everything is so clearly apparent, and im so happy to have backed a project with such talented content creators.

The gum spots on the sidewalk is what sealed the deal, minor details like that mean the WORLD to me.

Been gaming for such a long time, and now a days all we get is this "beautiful game" with NO substance and you guys have already knocked this out of the park.

Weather effects continue to look amazing and realistic, good job!!!

I love the idea of enemy specific environments.. but are they going to be limited to these environments? i want to see a group of cannibals take over a bandit encampment!

The guns and the fire watch tower also look great! cant wait for the next update!

Edited by Cryptongolem

Update looks great guys! I like all the variety in the weapons, its something I always look for in games and there just never seems to be enough customization but you guys seem to be hitting the nail on the head. I also wouldn't worry about people who pester your early concept art I think most of us understand that that's just the idea in your head being sketched out for some visuals and even then we can see the work you're putting into it with all the different iterations. All the visuals are looking great too the watch tower is looking really good and my god the gas station looks better than 90% of the stuff people are putting on the game market as finished product so props to you and the team!

I must say the station has the most realistic models, reflections and lighting I have ever seen in video games of my life. It looks so real!! :o  I'm not easily impressed, but you guys sure do amazing work which is why this is the only game I have ever supported on Kickstarter. Looking forward to playing it!!

So much progress not only in the community but also the development has been made in only a few months,

the future of Dead Matter is looking bright.

Keep up the good work @development team, Bryson.

Great update, and great work done so far. I honestly thought that first picture of the gas-station was a photo at a glance, very cool. Keep up the great work folks!

Oh my dear god, this is. NNGGG dope.
I think the bandits and cannibals are great, but I mean. I'd expect some of them to wear more lightweight or normal clothing and whatnot. Do take in mind that I did read the "Winter" tag though, but what I had it mind was kind of like what I've put in the image below of the "save-lot" bandits from TWD. They just seem a little too fallout-eqsue for me. At least, the cannibals do anyway. And it wouldn't be a bad idea to maybe see bandits or cannibals in prison jumpsuits too to give them a bit more of a backstory like, ex-convicts embracing the apocalypse.

Bandits_1346434822.jpg

Edited by Lancer

I love how much accurateness and details you put into the shader and models/textures. It will be immersive! ^^

Each Models looks so far very "grown" like you want to keep it as close as possible to reality.

Edited by Scavenger

I am pleased to hear more work into stability, it worries me when devs only talk graphics so you have put me at great ease I look forward to the Altha (I think I qualify in my backer pledge).

The Rifle designs also please me, right up my preference, I hope the "Feel" will be right too.

Also I am liking the wetness effects.

Edited by ltblackcoat
Added statement.