• Attention: Emails are now functioning properly again! 2 things: 1. If you're awaiting for a e-mail confirmation. You should be able to force it to re-send. 2. E-mail notifications should now send.

Search results

1. acrosome

Future DLC ideas?

Just for fun I thought it would be neat to fantasize about future locations for Dead Matter DLCs or mods. The devs are already tentatively planning on Vancouver Island. I'm sticking to North America for now, but feel free to expand beyond that. Here are some of my thoughts: 1. Locations with...
  2. acrosome

Improvised Weapons and Traps

Someone suggested that I should write a short something on this subject. I am going to avoid very large or especially complex IEDs because it wouldn't seem in-genre, and no one in DM is going to have to source 200kg of ammonium nitrate in order to have enough to affect an MRAP. Also, the devs...
  3. acrosome

On the nature of DM zombies

The devs have said that DM zombies are more of an "infected" zombie, like in 28 Days Later- that they aren't undead. But the devs are very inconsistent, because the DM zombies are going to have a couple of major undead-like features: 1. Body shots will do minimal damage, so you need to go for...
  4. acrosome

Gabions

Since realistic bullet penetration is a thing in DM, I assume that those flimsy wooden fences that we have seen being built around a base may count as obstacles or as concealment but not as cover. So it would be interesting if gabions were implemented, perhaps even the modern-day HESCO. The...
  5. acrosome

Auto-Mute?

Will DM track how often players get muted? (As a metric for toxicity.) And then, preferably, automatically place them on mute for every other player if they get muted too often? Other players could still un-mute them if they wanted to, but they would by default start muted. I just came...
  6. acrosome

Maps as tiered loot

Maps could be tiered loot. 1. The most basic would be a provincial-level roadmap. Very low detail, mostly just showing highways and towns, on the order of 1:500,000 or 1:250,000 2. A simple map of Calgary, on the order of 1:25,000- with or without buildings. Maybe both? 3. A more detailed...
  7. acrosome

Market Economics

One thing that always struck me as ridiculous is the way that trading usually works in games like this. Players collect all sorts of worthless stuff and then trade it all in for some sweet piece of kit. You shouldn't be able to walk into a settlement with 120 bottles of bleach and trade them...
  8. acrosome

NPC messages

This is a real off-the-wall one... When the game gets to the point that you can recruit NPCs to be at your base, wouldn't it be really neat that if your base gets raided while you're offline the NPC guard could email you or text your real-life cell phone and inform you that an attempted raid is...
  9. acrosome

Iconic Aircraft (when the time comes...)

I assume that these will all have to be small, maneuverable aircraft given that the maps will be 16km x 16km at largest. So, bush planes. Obviously not all of these would get implemented, but as a flightsim guy I wanted to propose some options. Say, a dozen each? In order of preference...
  10. acrosome

Suger Firearms?

Instead of making the genericized Ruger company "Suger", how about "Krueger"? So the pistol would be the Krueger Mk.III. Because "Suger" looks too much like sugar, of course, whereas "Krueger" is both closer in pronunciation and also conjures the mental image of Freddy Krueger. I don't know...
  11. acrosome

Military Surplus Shop

This might be an interesting location somewhere- either in south Alberta or in Calgary. Such establishments rarely carry firearms or ammunition, but should be a great spot to get old load-bearing gear, ALICE gear, boots, clothing items, shelter halves, mess tins, MREs (IMPs), bayonets, knives...
  12. acrosome

Food Suggestions

My intent is that this be open for all to drop suggestions. Wild foraged food suggestions, too. Obviously there is no hurry for all of this, but once the game is established widening the selection would be aesthetically pleasing. 1. Kraft Dinner It's the unofficial Canadian National Meal, so...
  13. acrosome

82 Pattern Web Gear and other suggestions

Canadian 82 Pattern LBE should be included, especially the butt pack. Backwards movement should be at least halved. And still, if you move backward at more than walking speed, you should have a chance to stumble and fall- more for sprinting than for running- perhaps modified based upon the...
  14. acrosome

Jeep Wrangler

You need a capable small vehicle, for solo players among other reasons. I propose a 2-door Jeep Wrangler. Bonus points if the rear seat is removable, since there is almost no cargo space with the rear seat in place. Following the motif of older vehicles I would propose the Jeep YJ- the model...
  15. acrosome

On Sniping, accuracy, ammo, suppressors, and hitboxes

First, a little bitching: I am thrilled that the ballistics model will include bullet drop. And I'm saddened that wind effects will not be simulated. I get annoyed by all the little fanbois who just want their insta-kill long range headshots when games make it too easy for them (speaking as...
  16. acrosome

Overwhites

We should be able to craft overwhites from white bed linens and such. These are baggy white pants and jacket that go over your other clothes as snow camouflage. Then you just need a white hat and white bandana for full snow camouflage. Maybe white gloves, too. A white helmet cover would be...
  17. acrosome

Waiting...

So, is anyone else playing Civilization VI as Wilfrid Laurier while they wait for the closed alpha? :cool:
  18. acrosome

Occupations and Perks

I'm constantly editing and adding to this. I found this video from a few months ago, which seems to have very revealing screenshots about the occupations and perks, so I thought that I would comment. I'm not sure where that footage came from- maybe one of the very early vlogs that I haven't...
  19. acrosome

Shooter Servers

Though I personally would have no interest in it, if the devs have an interest in competing with Deadside and other games that are much more FPS than survival they could allow server settings that greatly simplify the survival aspect of the game. Such a "shooter" switch would presumably also...
  20. acrosome

Pants Raiding

You may have mis-read that subject/title. Since the devs perpetuated the "give us your pants!" meme in vlog #11, I had a thought. It would be hilarious if stealing pants became a DM thing, instead of (at least sometimes) KOSing or totally looting someone you captured. Just take the pants...
Top Bottom