• Attention: We are currently experiencing some issues with our emailing system. This may cause validation emails to not be sent, preventing some users from finishing registration. We apologize for the inconveince that this may cause, and are working to resolve it as soon as possible.

Dog Tag System

FPSDeltaWolf

So when a player is killed they drop dog tags which will tell the player how long they have been alive with that character on the server and the players ID, giving the incentive to survive as long as possible to earn different phases (cosmetic). the dog tags could have phases in 3 tiers or more, (brand New) (worn) and (battle scared) these dog tags can be displayed on a keyring, necklace or at player bases to indicate trophies of the unfortunate victims that the player has encountered along their journey for survival. Dog tags can be traded at safe zones aka traders for rewards like in game currency. giving them value in multiple ways. players own dog tags cant be removed only apon death from other players. lastly Dog tags can add status for IQ Partners, backers, devs and admins showing who they are. example.. Dog Tag ID: FPSdeltaWolf Status: Backer Survived: 3 months 2 days but these tags can be displayed with any information that fits in with the world of dead matter. What you guys think?

Attachments

Last edited:

acrosome

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! Absolutely not!

Look, the devs have been trying- and I agree with them totally on this- to prevent DM from just becoming another constant KOS fest like DayZ. They've been trying to find mechanisms to discourage KOS, like niche skills to encourage cooperation, but a dog tag system accomplishes the exact opposite- it turns other players into money. It's like paying for scalps.

If you want a game like that then please do us all a favor and go play DayZ instead.

FPSDeltaWolf

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! Absolutely not!

Look, the devs have been trying- and I agree with them totally on this- to prevent DM from just becoming another constant KOS fest like DayZ. They've been trying to find mechanisms to discourage KOS, like niche skills to encourage cooperation, but a dog tag system accomplishes the exact opposite- it turns other players into money. It's like paying for scalps.

If you want a game like that then please do us all a favor and go play DayZ instead.
everyone has a opinion i guess, can be mended so they dont have a value so its purely for customize purposes. but to argue your point isn't every player got money on them... example guns, gear and supplies so if someone has the intention of kos then they will! you cant stop that option in any survival game. and its not paying for scales because if a player is in a enemy faction it makes sense to trade in dog tags for a reward to earn cash.

Last edited:

Arkios

I agree but not for everyone, Id like to have a sort of bounty hunting mission, for example an AI faction have been trouble with one player this player got an bounty on it's head. After that if a player send dogtag to this faction he earn money. (but not just killing everyone and earn money). With this type of system player who do KOS and thing like that, can be "punish" and player who want doing pvp with other pvp player can do that by bounty other players. but we dont want an EFT style game (dont forget deadmatter are and still are a PVE focused game, with some aspect of pvp)

I agree with parts of what everyone is saying here.

I don't really mind dog tags or other forms of ID, they just shouldn't have any value. If they did I could see that encouraging people to KOS a bit more, but as @FPSDeltaWolf said, there are more than enough reasons for people to KOS, and those players will do it regardless.

Personally I just see the ID's as adding to immersion. For example you're traveling to wherever and you come across a dead body. You check his ID and see it's your old friend "Walter_White" ... FeelsBadMan 😢

FPSDeltaWolf

I agree with parts of what everyone is saying here.

I don't really mind dog tags or other forms of ID, they just shouldn't have any value. If they did I could see that encouraging people to KOS a bit more, but as @FPSDeltaWolf said, there are more than enough reasons for people to KOS, and those players will do it regardless.

Personally I just see the ID's as adding to immersion. For example you're traveling to wherever and you come across a dead body. You check his ID and see it's your old friend "Walter_White" ... FeelsBadMan 😢
would defo add to the immersion

Yes it doesn't make sense for dog tags to have value as I said.

To be honest though, ID cards would actually make more sense than dog tags. Not to say dog tags shouldn't be in there.. but if everyone started off with a form of ID, a card would make the most sense to me.

Bourgmestre

since a majority of the character we're suppose to embody are civilians, i think it would make more sense if there would be no dog tag but driving license, id card or thing like that.

That would even alow more fun in creativity like you killed that dat nameless dude, but you can know who he is if you grab his pizzeria fidelity card x)

666cali

since a majority of the character we're suppose to embody are civilians, i think it would make more sense if there would be no dog tag but driving license, id card or thing like that.

That would even alow more fun in creativity like you killed that dat nameless dude, but you can know who he is if you grab his pizzeria fidelity card x)
yeah that would make moore sense, youre right.

Top Bottom