electrocuted zombies sabotage your car while you hit them!

Plucky_0

Make a zombie that has electrical barb wire around so they are electrocuted, so when you hit them with a car, your car battery blows away or is dead so you would need an extra battery or jump start it again. "plan accordingly"

Last edited:

Maeharaprojekt

IIRC, the zeds in Dead Matter are infected by something that could (or even does) exist in the real world. DM zombies will be more similar to those in DayZ or The Last of Us. IF there are going to be special attacks, expect modified stomach acids or venom.

Plucky_0

i just edited the post that would make more sense in the way I'm trying to explain it, so basically i was saying that if a zombie is electrocuted by any means like electrical fence, barb wire, transformers, etc, they can make the car battery dead if they are dashed through or hit by a car or whatever

Maeharaprojekt

Actualy, expect more a police zombie unpin a flashbang while runing at you, making noise & alert other zombies around
Just how much higher function will be left in these zeds, especially if they are relying on basic, animal-level senses, like smell, to tell the difference between survivors and other Infected? Will the flashbang be accidentally armed by a protrusion or is it deliberate, thoughtful action?

Whatever chowed-down on an Infected's brain could conceivably cause overt or subtle physical alterations like those we see caused by Massospora cicadina (cicada zombie fungus) or Ophiocordyceps unilateralis (ant zombie fungus).

Another thing that has me worried about DM zeds is just how much muscle power would the infection unlock?

Even the most swole of fighters is only utilizing 40% to 50% of their raw capability - there are biomechanical limits from muscle connection points, the strength of our bones and joints, bone diameter, joint size, etc, but the muscle fibers themselves are limited by parts of our brains so we don't hurt ourselves doing basic tasks or when fighting other people, getting stabbie with long-extinct megafauna that our ancestors hunted for food/tools/garments, or fighting those lovely superkitties with the epic teeth that preyed on softy, tasty human-snax.

Adrenaline can unlock a portion of that power but brain damage, or something overriding our brain, could conceivably unlock far more. Maybe enough to allow a human to go mano-a-mano with a male chimpanzee. Roanoke Gaming on YT has covered this very issue in part, during his explorations of movie and game tropes and whether what we see is actually possible, under special circumstances caused by something such as an previously unknown virus, fungus, or an even higher-complexity critter.

Last edited:

Bourgmestre

you lost me a bit with the technical part, but i think it's because they must rely on past reflexes, maybe like an homage to Romero.

I believe dev's said there will be no mutated special infected, but more grounded specificity like hasmat suit, kevlar & such. About that unpin thing i've heard it in the gunslinger interview from atomic duck.

That make me think about what else could be possible if they were using the past reflex suspension of disbelief ? Imagine an infected shooting randomly, forming a horde around him just because he died holding a gun or maybe an infected with rollerblade ? xD

Maeharaprojekt

you lost me a bit with the technical part, but i think it's because they must rely on past reflexes, maybe like an homage to Romero.

I believe dev's said there will be no mutated special infected, but more grounded specificity like hasmat suit, kevlar & such. About that unpin thing i've heard it in the gunslinger interview from atomic duck.

That make me think about what else could be possible if they were using the past reflex suspension of disbelief ? Imagine an infected shooting randomly, forming a horde around him just because he died holding a gun or maybe an infected with rollerblade ? xD
Aite. So these are basically people who suffered severe but very specific brain-damage caused by a virus, bacteria, fungus, or other organism. Higher brain function is either overridden or simply destroyed, but whatever infected these zombies doesn't or can't make obvious structural alterations to the host's body.

They would be comparable the victims of the Rage Virus depicted in the "28 Days Later" and "28 Weeks Later" films, which had partly inspired the zombies in DayZ.

Plucky_0

i dont want this game to have acid firing zombies and you know out of the world things, i want it to be proper zombie game kinda like regular zombies with kevlar and other stuff. possibility can be added like i said with zombies get zapped by the electricity either it kills them or makes them electrocuted or something. if the idea seems terrible lol, just add something realistic onside the terrain that can hit/malfunction them, I know they have already added something on the roads specifically to puncture them, its good, maybe add so that other players and hinder other players; cars or wharever.

Maeharaprojekt

i dont want this game to have acid firing zombies and you know out of the world things, i want it to be proper zombie game kinda like regular zombies with kevlar and other stuff. possibility can be added like i said with zombies get zapped by the electricity either it kills them or makes them electrocuted or something. if the idea seems terrible lol, just add something realistic onside the terrain that can hit/malfunction them, I know they have already added something on the roads specifically to puncture them, its good, maybe add so that other players and hinder other players; cars or wharever.
Heh. This is making me go back through all the vlogs and online text material. Thank you for the impetus to revise! :)

I could swear that NickZ mentioned that some of the Infected/zeds will be more resiliant by virtue of their jobs when they still had a fully functioning brain. Combat soldiers might be wearing Level IV ESAPI or the even tougher, but rare AF, XSAPI plates*. RCMP officers would have their standard-issue vests. Firefighters would be more resistant to, well, fire, and impacts because of their turnout gear and structural helmets. And so on.

So I think your desire for special-but-realistic zeds are either in-game already or their features are due to be implemented in a later alpha or beta release.

*neXt-generation Small Arms Protective Insert. Estimated to defeat 7.62 armor-piercing bullets and provide some small resistance to 12.7mm/.50cal. Its been around since at least 2008, but has never been issued by the US Army or Marine Corps except to special operators. AFAIK, nearly all of the US armed forces' XSAPI plates are sitting in long-term storage, only to be unpacked for a true ground-war against another modern power. Digging back through some published material, the FBI supposedly issued XSAPI plates to agents (possibly a Hostage Rescue Team) at least once, in 2011. I assume other NATO signatories have XSAPI plates too but whether they've deployed them is unknown to me.

XgUNp44

Make a zombie that has electrical barb wire around so they are electrocuted, so when you hit them with a car, your car battery blows away or is dead so you would need an extra battery or jump start it again. "plan accordingly"
That's....that's not how electricity works lol. Where the hell is the zombies magical power source?

Top Bottom