Introduce yourself & tell me your playstyle!

LolaTheLost

Hiiiiiiiiiiii!
Just joined the forums today, but been a backer since Aug 2017!! Can't wait to play!
I am LolaTheLost, and I enjoy playing more of an RP style - meeting and working with people to survive and take out threats, hearing their backstories, etc.

What about you? Will you create an in-depth storyline for your character or will you be PvP?

TySharp

I think where ill get the most joy from, is trying to loot under impossible odds. I love the idea of creeping through a tight city, packed with the undead. One small wrong step send you into a vaulting freerun for your life. All for a chance at that sweet, sweet loot

Zom2D2

I think where ill get the most joy from, is trying to loot under impossible odds. I love the idea of creeping through a tight city, packed with the undead. One small wrong step send you into a vaulting freerun for your life. All for a chance at that sweet, sweet loot
A friend of mine got me to play H1Z1 a long time back. He had me follow him to "learn the game"....except then we had a bunch of z's chasing us and I was unarmed and unfamiliar.

I followed him, he was telling "come in, we can go in that building!"

He went through the door.
He closed it behind him.

I didn't have a chance.

That bastard, *lol* he was laughing and so was I, because I was apparently his goddamn decoy. *Lol*

It's going to be fun. I really can't wait.

Maeharaprojekt

Welcome to Rust... I mean the forums!

My preferred play-styles are RP and co-op. I sometimes enjoy playing as a scatter-brained, post-apocalyptic naturalist who spends too much time photographing stuff, only to be eaten by unfriendly people.

IMG_20200801_175342 (3).jpg
^^^^
This sort of hints at my sense of humor and real-life side job.

I'm an Aussie, I love PvP and survival games.
Been around and into survival since Nether, the original and when first launched.
Fell in love with, survival and dangerous PvP concept of alerting deadly ai.
Been through all the major ones, dayz, H1, Conan, miscreated. Ark for 20 mins, game was too gay.
Countless other one, I am somewhat friendly in game. It's purely situational. If you're in trouble, I may offer food, guns, assist in clearing zombies or players in any given situation. I will mostly leave you alone if you're a noob or freshie.
Or I may watch the zombies eat you alive, watch you starve or be dominated by players. Whilst drinking my brew. Again, purely situational and subject to my last few hours of gaming.
I'm not really into RP outside of you've got lots of stuff and me wants me precious. Lol.
I look forward to every encounter this game will offer me.
Catch you out there.

Azz

Welcome to Rust... I mean the forums!

My preferred play-styles are RP and co-op. I sometimes enjoy playing as a scatter-brained, post-apocalyptic naturalist who spends too much time photographing stuff, only to be eaten by unfriendly people.

View attachment 370
^^^^
This sort of hints at my sense of humor and real-life side job.
I actually have that T-shirt as I am an amateur photographer

zombr1an

Hello, I'm Walter_White on here but I go by zombr1an in-game.

I just backed the game this year and I'm very excited. I've been playing DayZ recently, but I feel Dead Matter has a lot more to offer. It also takes place in the province of Alberta where I've lived my entire 32 year life, so that also interested me a lot.

Since I've been following the game though I've wanted to play the chef occupation, claim a restaurant/diner, and hunt/search/grow the ingredients I need. That feels a bit wasted though if I can't make meals for other survivors, and since I'm more into a PvE play style, I've been considering checking out an RP server.

I haven't played a lot of RP, but it's fun to watch for sure. I just want my life, my kills, and my deaths to be a lot more meaningful, so RP stands out to me. I'm also a bit anti-social IRL, so I've been wanting to get out of my comfort zone and see if I could join a community of like minded people.

Last edited:

LolaTheLost

Hello, I'm Walter_White on here but I go by zombr1an in-game.

I just backed the game this year and I'm very excited. I've been playing DayZ recently, but I feel Dead Matter has a lot more to offer. It also takes place in the province of Alberta where I've lived my entire 32 year life, so that also interested me a lot.

Since I've been following the game though I've wanted to play the chef occupation, claim a restaurant/diner, and hunt/search/grow the ingredients I need. That feels a bit wasted though if I can't make meals for other survivors, and since I'm more into a PvE play style, I've been considering checking out an RP server.

I haven't played a lot of RP, but it's fun to watch for sure. I just want my life, my kills, and my deaths to be a lot more meaningful, so RP stands out to me. I'm also a bit anti-social IRL, so I've been wanting to get out of my comfort zone and see if I could join a community of like minded people.
I think that playstyle will work well on an RP server, I played on Just Survive RP server once that had a restaurant and it was great, while they were open many players would hang out there so it promoted a lot of RP opportunities, and it is a great way to "earn a living" since you can usually have someone hunt/trap for you and you can pay them in say.... clean water. You can have your guests pay for meals in whatever you are low on like a popular one was sugar on the server I was on, but it gives a lot of opportunities! May your restaurant be a success!!

Qtank009

Hello. I am a competitive fps player who has a good amount of experience in CS:GO, Overwatch, Valorant, and Rainbow 6. I'm looking to explore other types of games within the fps genre and this one looks really intriguing. I am most interested in the weaponry of this game and plan to set up a trading post called the Canmore Arms Dealer or the Canmore outpost or something like that and work my butt off with some friends to stockpile as much high tier firearms, ammunition, attachments, and melee weapons as possible and trade them for all the other things you might need in a survival game such as food, meds, natural resources, and clothing. I will make sure this establishment is as secure as possible with the most advanced alarm systems and traps available in Dead Matter. Although once you leave the building there are no guarantees on your safety. Maybe this plan seems dumb or unreasonable but I'm going to try.

LolaTheLost

Hello. I am a competitive fps player who has a good amount of experience in CS:GO, Overwatch, Valorant, and Rainbow 6. I'm looking to explore other types of games within the fps genre and this one looks really intriguing. I am most interested in the weaponry of this game and plan to set up a trading post called the Canmore Arms Dealer or the Canmore outpost or something like that and work my butt off with some friends to stockpile as much high tier firearms, ammunition, attachments, and melee weapons as possible and trade them for all the other things you might need in a survival game such as food, meds, natural resources, and clothing. I will make sure this establishment is as secure as possible with the most advanced alarm systems and traps available in Dead Matter. Although once you leave the building there are no guarantees on your safety. Maybe this plan seems dumb or unreasonable but I'm going to try.

Great idea! Have you played this type of RP before?

Mahmood

Junior Moderator
What up!
I'm Mahmood and I play a whole host of titles. I found this game about two years ago, and it's been over a year since I backed.
I've seen a ton of potential in the game thus far and have built myself a place within the community, and deeply enjoy the interaction within it.
I've done RP on GTA V, Miscreated, DayZ, etc. I'll probably do the same on Dead Matter.
I have a clean, forgiving playstyle which means I ask questions first and shoot later. I don't like KOS'ing or killing without reason.
I hope to see all of you in-game and having great fun with RP. ^_^

Maeharaprojekt

I think your plan could work. As other DayZ players can attest, we may sometimes see an arms-and-equipment trader establish themselves on a server, RP or otherwise!

Top Bottom