Is backing worth it? Do any backers regret their decision?

Is backing worth it?

• Total voters

pricey6381

Backer
Holy chow,
I've been away for 5 days and July 17 update is blocked from further replies.
What happened? Geez I read a lot, just craziness.

It doesn't matter much about some delays, a day. A month, a year? You're forgetting AAA devs also get delays and road blocks.
This game looks great, sounds great. I like everything they've shown me and I want more.
Just remember they're a small indie company, they got our support. Now we wait.
Back it? Don't back it? Who cares, they've reached the target and now trying to get the game in our mitts.
Patience, not ignorance is how we move forward.
We're the DM community.
Dude people are always going to hate and moan no matter what happens released or not. Its crazy. I am still buzzing to what the game has and will achieve and i have so much belief in them. Yes delays has happened etc but damn...some people are pure toxic and impatient :)

Dude people are always going to hate and moan no matter what happens released or not. Its crazy. I am still buzzing to what the game has and will achieve and i have so much belief in them. Yes delays has happened etc but damn...some people are pure toxic and impatient :)
Having a gentle moan, as we all have. Of course, we're excited to play it... Compared to the treads I read were just ridiculous and unnecessary and made me wonder and worry. These toxic ppl are going to be playing it. Lol, regardless of the waiting n nonsense.

Zom2D2

Backer
I say No
Need something more tangible than footages and clips
No, you don't regret it? Great!
What would you suggest as more tangible? The only thing more tangible that I can think at the moment would be the game itself. There are videos on YouTube as well if you do a search. Unfortunately, the game isn't available yet, but once we get closed alpha we'll be able to help report some bugs and exploits, which will help the devs get closer to release.
Edited for some punctuation.

Last edited:
No, you don't regret it? Great!
What would you suggest as more tangible? The only thing more tangible that I can think at the moment would be the game itself. There are videos on YouTube as well if you do a search. Unfortunately, the game isn't available yet, but once we get closed alpha we'll be able to help report some bugs and exploits, which will help the devs get closer to release.
Edited for some punctuation.

" ........ " is my answer cause u did not understand a simple Word : No ! at the main question
Is backing worth it?

Fair enough, I guess, if you don't have suggestions. I think that someone said that people can still get into the closed alpha after it's in that phase, so maybe then. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, though!
Got some but I won't share them with you ! Fair enough Right ?

esslust

i will be honest, i backed this game back on kickstarter in 2017 and had lost hope for awhile until they started doing the vblog updates, but they are definitely making the game look gorgeous and the team is doing wonderful with all that has seemed to happen.

If you have the money to spare, then backing the development of this game seems to be worth it. If you don't have the money to spare, then save it for other things or wait until Quantum Integrity is further along.

I waited a few years to toss some cash into their warchest because I didn't, at that time, have room in my budget. This time, however, I did. I like what they have been reporting and am hopeful that we'll get an awesome game out of this project.

It cost me about the same as two tickets, drinks, and a snack at Alamo Drafthouse, which I didn't get to spend at Alamo Drafthouse because Mystique made the poor choice to have a "child" with Sublime. And apparently a bat and and a pangolin were involved.

disseminate

Developer
Realistically you can literally wait until we release if you're concerned about release dates/pushbacks. You'll still be able to back during CA and still be able to buy during EA/post-launch. The bonus you get for backing now is helping us immediately/getting backer sneak peeks in the Discord etc. but we understand the hesitation :)

Realistically you can literally wait until we release if you're concerned about release dates/pushbacks. You'll still be able to back during CA and still be able to buy during EA/post-launch. The bonus you get for backing now is helping us immediately/getting backer sneak peeks in the Discord etc. but we understand the hesitation :)
I was banned from the discord channel, it said for two days but weeks go by and I can't access the channel. I am a double barrel backer.
I spoke a little out of turn. And can't get back in it.
I didn't single anyone out or argue nor was I mean to anyone.
I didn't realise how sensitive or censored the language would be.
Is there anyway back for me?

Azz

I was banned from the discord channel, it said for two days but weeks go by and I can't access the channel. I am a double barrel backer.
I spoke a little out of turn. And can't get back in it.
I didn't single anyone out or argue nor was I mean to anyone.
I didn't realise how sensitive or censored the language would be.
Is there anyway back for me?
Have you been to church and asked for forgiveness?
I don't know what you did or said but if the banning goes like it does here on the forums you gotta be very careful. To be honest why people have to act like idiots online on forums and discord amazes me and I cannot understand why.

Back on topic if you cannot afford to back then don't but if you can do like me throw your money into the project and forget about it and hope somewhere down the line you get a copy of the game. If you don't write it down to experience. If you do whoo hoo enjoy the game.
It's pointless backing then moaning every week about "still no key" or postponements.

Backing games is risk. Just because you back something doesn't mean the product will reach you. I've put plenty of money into backing or EA games and they've ended up a total waste of my time. Have I regretted it? No. It's the risk. You should never expect the best to come out of these situations. The only thing that is annoying and that most people will agree on is broken promises. Release dates have been mentioned for testing and haven't been delivered, but it does appear to be due to some kind of legal roadblock recently. Sadly, we must just sit back and hope the Devs themselves can work out their issues.

In the end. All the moaning and bitching will all be for nothing if we get our hands on this project.

TySharp

I feel bad because I don't have the perspective of someone who's backed this from the beginning of Dead Matter's initial idea. I HAVE however, backed other projects for similar amounts of time, if not longer. One example is Star Citizen. It has somewhere over 300 million in backer revenue, and in my opinion has much less to show for it. Progress is creeping along so slowly that many have written it off as a total scam. They update their projected roadmap once every 3 months and you're lucky that if after 6 months they add one minor feature, like a handheld mining tool. Add in that they consistently will make new shiny ships to fly, that rarely even work properly and charge HUNDREDS for them. This is all done by a team exponentially larger than the one working on Dead Matter.

Long story short, they're making some extraordinary progress on this title for the size of their team, as can be seen by the frequent updates. Delays suck, there's no way to spin it, but there's a minimum amount of quality needed for people to be able to step foot into the alpha and not immediately write it off as a buggy disaster. A first pass alpha that appears to be as polished as this is rarely done, but everything points to it happening here.

Plus lets be real, they ARE Canadian. Polite and honest.

It's been 3 years since I found out about this project and over a year since I backed it, I consider that money used to create this amazing looking game so I'm good.

AlexTheWind

I don't regret backing the game, so far. I would buy it at some point anyway, so I consider backing it early in the process as my (very)small way of helping to create it.

The Closed Alpha was postponed many times already, but I am ok with it. I prefer waiting than getting a terrible version of the game too early.

While I am a new backer for only the last few months, I would personally say that this project is worth it. I have backed many other projects that were dumpster fires in the beginning,middle and end. The developers have put so many avenues in place in regards to updates, communication and the ability for the community to provide feedback and interact with everyone.

Sure the CA has been moved multiple times and people are upset. I get it. Everyone is extremely excited to jump into this amazing looking game and get to be part of what they have so passionately supported and long awaited. Sure the community has felt at times as though there are some transparency issues and have voiced their opinions on many occasions. Regardless of what others may think, the project is still moving forward and their is a light at the end of tunnel as of the most recent July 24th update.

I personally would rather have the CA release when it is in a playable state that the developers are happy with and proud of, after working their butts off over the past years. There is no point to release a CA that is unplayable, does not meet expectations and most importantly not fun. While i understand a CA is for data gathering, testing, bug reports etc that does not mean it has to be a disaster because we want the devs to hurry up and run with scissors.

With that being said, much love to the developers and community!

Stubborn

I don't regret backing the game, so far. I would buy it at some point anyway, so I consider backing it early in the process as my (very)small way of helping to create it.

The Closed Alpha was postponed many times already, but I am ok with it. I prefer waiting than getting a terrible version of the game too early.
It is better to get a bad product first and then make it good than to get nothing

Top Bottom