Is backing worth it? Do any backers regret their decision?

Is backing worth it?

• Total voters

Madrummer

Backer
I regret backing a company that just stalls and gives half-assed excuses for their reasoning, yeah.
I'd recommend just buying the finished product when it finally comes out in 2022

Michael

Warned
To me, there is one thing that keeps me engaged in a product that I have kickstarted. That is communication. The Dead Matter team has consistently maintained a stream of communication with community, and that goes far with me.

ScumLords Game Server Network
Professionally Managed Experienced Staff Active Staff and Moderation High Performance Servers NA West and NA East Servers at Launch History of being the #1 most popular game server in the world for a previous game. Looking for a place to bring your clan of PvPers, survivalist group, or even looking for a reliable place to play and find those people? ScumLords is the place to be.
Join our Discord

JohnH2005

Backer
I actually went back and change my answer. After buying a Prepper pack and Double Barrel Pack, I decided to attempt to refund both for personal reasons. I have not gotten either refund yet, in fact one was not even acknowledged yet. Despite neither refund going through and both still being listed on the QI website, I was stripped of my supporter role on the Discord. While the game looks like it is going to be freaking AMAZING, the community is big part of a game like this to me. So, after being SUPER pumped and dropping a little over $400 on this game and a dedicated server to start running games, I am very sad to regret the investment I made.

RyanOnGames

I've just become a BACKER!

Can't wait for the release of the game, VERY excited. Two friends of mine are also joining me on this what looks like a very good/exciting game!

Xero

Thanks for the advice!

Just bought a Double Barrel Bundle - my only concern is that this is via Xsolla - if your familiar there is currently a issue with a multi-million dollar backer scam that was ran through them recently.

JohnH2005

Backer
Thanks for the advice!

Just bought a Double Barrel Bundle - my only concern is that this is via Xsolla - if your familiar there is currently a issue with a multi-million dollar backer scam that was ran through them recently.
Yeah, I HATE Xsolla. I have attempted to refund this game and they did not even aknowledge the request. Had not but issues with another purchase with them before. I really wanted to back these guys so I not the bullet and did it. Nothing but regret again. I will never use Xsolla again.

ajw1984

The idea and the presentation are great , but Im a low end streamer who didn't realize there was restrictions on who could stream the game. I wish I could get a refund for that reason. I probably won't be playing as my full time game at this stage if at all. :(

Last edited:

JohnH2005

Backer
The idea and the presentation are great , but Im a low end streamer who didn't realize there was restrictions on who could stream the game. I wish I could get a refund for that reason. I probably won't be playing as my full time game at this stage if at all. :(
You can get a refund. At least you should be able to. I have not heard back about either of mine yet, but we will see.

Zom2D2

Backer
You can get a refund. At least you should be able to. I have not heard back about either of mine yet, but we will see.
Keep bugging xsolla, both of you guys. I'm sorry to see anyone back out, but I understand.
Hopefully you get your refunds sooner rather than later.

If you haven't made a topic on the help forum here, try there too. Maybe someone can help from this end, and us regular forum members can't see what you post there, you can only see your own topics.

ajw1984

Keep bugging xsolla, both of you guys. I'm sorry to see anyone back out, but I understand.
Hopefully you get your refunds sooner rather than later.

If you haven't made a topic on the help forum here, try there too. Maybe someone can help from this end, and us regular forum members can't see what you post there, you can only see your own topics.
Thank you for the advice. I really don't want to have to refund this. I contacted a dev via forum mail in hopes of a compromise. Im optimistic but not counting on it.

zombr1an

i haven't read all the comments but I'll put in my 2 cents. When you back a game you do so because YOU believe it is worth it. I have never backed a game before, but after seeing the game itself, the communication from the devs, and the progress it's made, I believe it is worth backing.

Sure you could back it and it fails, but without backing it fails regardless.

That said though, I have confidence in this game, and I believe there are so many who do too. Backing = support and gives the devs the resources to make a great game. So I say, if you like how the game looks, go for it.

People have been backing this game for years and thanks to them the game was able to get to where it is now and newcomers got to find out about it.

Maybe you've backed the game already, again I didn't read the 5 pages of comments, but if you did, I think it was worth it.

Remember also, you are getting an invitation to a closed alpha, so don't expect it to be without flaws. You still get access to the early access and full release though.

Depends.. I've back this and Hell Let Loose. I don't play because it didn't end up being what it was pitch to me. I've played it the past here and there, but only put like a total of 7 hours in the game. Not saying the game is bad, it's not what I hoped for.

Hopefully this will not do the same thing as this is one I have been looking forward too. Hopefully it will be good enough to pull me away from Tarkov.. I have 2500 hrs in that game and I'm a moderate player. I need a change of pace :)

Even though I'm a little butt hurt that people get to skip the waiting line for those of us who back the game at the beginning. I know why they are doing it, but I feel it's wrong. I will not let that be judge of the game itself. Not having my "Special badge on our forum!" I might judge then.

Top Bottom