Is backing worth it? Do any backers regret their decision?

Is backing worth it?

• Total voters

Xero

I backed Chronicles of Elyria - so sufficed to say there are a lot of people wanting money out of Xsolla

bryndal36

I have no issue either way if this comes out or not. Pretty sure it will though given the effort the devs are putting into it. But if it doesn't eventuate, well, nevermind, I know that at least someone got a chance to work on something they really wanted to do and if it does work out, it's a bonus as I'll hopefully have a really cool zombie survival game to sink my teeth into.

B-A-N-G

Backing a game based on hyped up visuals and teasers, vs backing a game based on detailed research of their dev diaries and pre-alpha gameplay done by reputable streamers (e.g. Klean) are two totally different things.

Dead Matter fits into the latter category. If you back it, you will increase the chances of that good decision becoming a really good one.

Tyler

Backer
Backing a game based on hyped up visuals and teasers, vs backing a game based on detailed research of their dev diaries and pre-alpha gameplay done by reputable streamers (e.g. Klean) are two totally different things.

Dead Matter fits into the latter category. If you back it, you will increase the chances of that good decision becoming a really good one.
^^

Crowii

Gotta be honest, I backed so long ago that I no longer feel any attachment to the money.

I'm hoping things turn out well in the long run. I remember World War Z > Infestation: The War Z > Infestation: Survivor Stories, I backed the £100 sheriff legend package of that and when they lost the lawsuit for the name of the game due to the movie and they relaunched, they completely scammed me out of my perks that I paid for.

That said, high hopes for Dead Matter!

Zom2D2

Backer
Gotta be honest, I backed so long ago that I no longer feel any attachment to the money.

I'm hoping things turn out well in the long run. I remember World War Z > Infestation: The War Z > Infestation: Survivor Stories, I backed the £100 sheriff legend package of that and when they lost the lawsuit for the name of the game due to the movie and they relaunched, they completely scammed me out of my perks that I paid for.

That said, high hopes for Dead Matter!
Yeah, I hear you on WarZ stuff. They scammed a lot of people, but they were pretty blatant about it. I played that game, but the one that took most of my money and left me high and dry was H1Z1. I really liked that game (don't judge me! :( ), and even when it split into two, and you could see the writing on the wall when they got less updates, then no updates, and then....the end.

Firefall was the other one I was really into and backed. That game was a total letdown. I didn't spend as much money on it as I did on H, but I really thought it would have done better.

Have you been to church and asked for forgiveness?
I don't know what you did or said but if the banning goes like it does here on the forums you gotta be very careful. To be honest why people have to act like idiots online on forums and discord amazes me and I cannot understand why.

Back on topic if you cannot afford to back then don't but if you can do like me throw your money into the project and forget about it and hope somewhere down the line you get a copy of the game. If you don't write it down to experience. If you do whoo hoo enjoy the game.
It's pointless backing then moaning every week about "still no key" or postponements.
Anyway back for me, not backing for me.
I have been a backer for 12 months, I didn't complain about keys or anything.

I said, retarded a couple of times. Not aimed at anyone. I have been back in the channel for a long time.
And no, I haven't been to church, my whole msg was about getting the discord channel back. Of which a moderator helped me with over a week ago.

Xero

I hope your right ~ everytime one of these projects fails (because the money is always gone at the end regardless) it diminishes consumer confidence in the model as a whole.

To be honest I decided to fund this - despite it being Xsolla as the cash guy - because its a Canadian company.

Next question - once you do any idea if they just issue you keys shortly after or is it in some sort of special window? The way some talk and the aforementioned streams lead me to think this is one of those "you get in" once you have tossed money rather then "toss us money and you will eventually get something".

Top Bottom