July 31 Update

Regicidalnut

Community Representative
It's Friday already? This week we're clarifying a few things that were mentioned in the QA section of last week's post, showing off some new soundscapes, new WIP player base traps, and going over the work that has been done in the last week.

Maeharaprojekt

I wonder how much in-game damage a zombie or person suffers from being rammed by a moving car. Would it be a dirt nap for the victim, with death shortly thereafter, or are they reduced to a mere sliver of their health bar?

EDIT: Thought came to me when I saw the clip of a zed being smacked by the open driver's door of a moving car.

Last edited:

Maeharaprojekt

Probably depends on if it's via the car door or the car itself, I imagine. Either would be pretty devastating.
Turns out that the EU Road Safety Observatory ordered a study into the subject of car collisions and us, the walking, talky-noise-making meat puppets that we are. I am sure that my own country, the United States of Chaos Undivided, and Canada have done the same, but the ERSO article came up first in my search.

Hillz0rz

It's Friday already? This week we're clarifying a few things that were mentioned in the QA section of last week's post, showing off some new soundscapes, new WIP player base traps, and going over the work that has been done in the last week.

Looks so sick cannot wait, praying goes quickly. Definitely need a good gameplay trailer from one of the content creators need to get my friends into it!

Maeharaprojekt

Well now! I guess someone needs to recreate American Dad! Season 4, Episode 16, "DeLorean Story An," within our lovely town of Canmore.

Replace the DeLorean with a police car, use zombies as stand-ins for every extra that Stan Smith and his geeky son Steve kill on the way to and from Farmer Jessikat, who has the spare door they need to complete their project.

Zom2D2

That meal has been cooking since Mid-July 2017, three years, just saying.
Duke Nukem Forever was announced in 1997. It released in 2011.
Star Citizen still isn't really there yet.
Fallout 76 blows chunks compared to what it could have been if they didn't rush it out.
The new Destiny expansion, while not years in the waiting, isn't set to be released until NOVEMBER.

This isn't the first or the last game that will take a while. All you guys that complain would do so 10x harder if you had a game you couldn't play because of issues. I can tell because of the majority of the complaints here are from people who either haven't backed a game before, or have unrealistic expectations.

Did you guys see Heroes? That show was great until the writers strike, and then it went to shit and never recovered...all because they tried to push a product that wasn't ready.
The Walking Dead, season two? More like Looking for Sofia, season wtf obviously she's dead now.

We Happy Few also took forever to get where it is now. I still haven't played it.

BoogerWizard

Duke Nukem Forever was announced in 1997. It released in 2011.
Star Citizen still isn't really there yet. (would like to add, its been in development since 2012ish)
Fallout 76 blows chunks compared to what it could have been if they didn't rush it out.
The new Destiny expansion, while not years in the waiting, isn't set to be released until NOVEMBER.

This isn't the first or the last game that will take a while. All you guys that complain would do so 10x harder if you had a game you couldn't play because of issues. I can tell because of the majority of the complaints here are from people who either haven't backed a game before, or have unrealistic expectations.
Agreed.

New backers, you are backing to get access to an alpha-state game. By no means is it complete (although the dev team is doing a great job polishing and working out the kinks to make it a smooth process before CA launch) And some features might not be available until down the road.

First and foremost, it's our duty as backers, to help the team test and find bugs so that it's even a better experience for those who wait for the official release.

Patience is a Virtue: The ability to wait for something without frustration is a useful skill and a good aspect of one’s personality.

I'm personally replaying State of Decay 2 to help my zombie itch.

Top Bottom