Money, Phones & Power (Convoluted?)

TangoDown

Backer
This is a two-part Idea. All to do with In-game money

Cards - I've heard that there will be ATMs/credit cards. I think that this should be Faction Semi faction-specific. The idea being you would find a credit card or Gift card out in the world and you would go to your faction and register it with someone, allowing you to use ATMs to deposit or withdraw money. It would also be a good idea to allow the storage of said cards in your wallet. The most complicated part would be making it so the NPC's will take the cards as payment and withdraw the money from your account

Phones - Same as above you would go to your faction and buy a SIM card that would allow you to transfer money to other players within your faction. and possibly make phone calls? In addition to all that you would have to buy/find a charger and keep the phone charged. Another option would be to add a GPS function. and maps (instead of whatever map is planned currently)

mind you most of this stuff would be hard to find (working cell phone or can be a broken phone you have to somehow fix),
An additional idea for SIM cars would be to have Cell networks Such as AT&T, Sprit (obviously will have to be some random name) have each faction use a dif type of network and have those sim cards spawn out in the world and be super rare.

Complicated and might not fit a zombie survival game but from what I've heard about some of the plans I feel like it could be a double idea and would fit in the Dead Matter theme.

Seems like a good idea.
I’m not too sure about the money transferring part, but the game is set a few weeks after the apocalypse started, so I think pre-zombie currency would still be used.
After the game goes on however, I think a new currency would be made or people would just barter.
The phone part I do like however, maybe depending on what type of job your character had, you could spawn in with a phone on you.
Either way, good suggestion!

TangoDown

Backer
Seems like a good idea.
I’m not too sure about the money transferring part, but the game is set a few weeks after the apocalypse started, so I think pre-zombie currency would still be used.
After the game goes on however, I think a new currency would be made or people would just barter.
The phone part I do like however, maybe depending on what type of job your character had, you could spawn in with a phone on you.
Either way, good suggestion!
There's a lot I wanna say/explain to further my case for my suggestion but due to this being part of the public section of the forums I cannot. Sufficest to say What will in the game from my understanding, all that I have mentioned will be viable. and as far as Money goes being that it's paper it would deteriorate which should make its value go up over time and become more scarce.

Top Bottom