On Weapon and Armor 'Blueprints';

LtAscott

Hi everyone,
Since we aren't exactly sure as a community (some of you may be more well-informed) I was hoping to start up a conversation about this while also providing my suggestions to interesting ways to include them.
Some of the existing in-inventory crafting recipes have been added to the game that we can discover on our own for things like the nail bat / barbed wire bat / improvised bandages / treated bandages.

And there are the claim-based structure recipes, so assuming the game uses a weapons workbench and an armor/equipment workbench similar to fallout 4 or fallout 76, there are a few other things we can infer from this:

1) 'Blueprints' could function similarly to how they do in Fallout 76: you find a recipe, 'use' it and know it forever,

2) Or they could also add something like a 'journal' slot to the toolbelt, and make the 'Blueprints' static out in the world say above other workbenches that are placed and useable/available out in the world, or in certain areas like NERA camps or Bunkers or even Traders / Safe zones ; after you have the Diary/Journal in the 'workbook' slot, you could 'copy' the static environmental art blueprint and have a 'copy' of it. You could then make two things from this: the item itself or a copy of the 'blueprint' (as a furniture item) to put up in your claim. (To share to team members - passed this, you may even tie the recipes to the book so you could put your own copy away for safekeeping, equip an Empty book, copy the blueprints you have built in your camp, then give or trade that book to friends or other players, if you have a book with items recorded in it equipped in your 'workbook' toolbelt slot, it would copy/merge the recipes in the book in your inventory into it (to allow trading / sharing recipes). If you can't tell I'm kind of biased to this idea...

(Because they have said backers of certain packages including it will get the 'Armoured Hazmat' suit, it would simply be available in the book as soon as it is equipped in the 'Workbook' slot, if there is a corresponding 'Furniture/Claim place-able variant you would simply disable others' ability to learn the blueprint from this one specifically).

3) Based off the 'Research Bench' style from Rust, but rather than requiring an item in the toolbelt it could just be stored/unlocked in the respective menus, this system would require you to find and destroy an item and some amount of resources to learn to make said item.

LtAscott

Why I would prefer the Journal / 'Workbook' style: its a unique way of doing something plenty of other games have, its more 'realistic' then simply unlocking menu entries, and you can open it/check it while out exploring/collecting materials to see what you will need, rather than trying to just remember it.
Also, as an aside; I think it would be cool if how building the weapons / equipment IN the workbench / outfit bench would work exactly like how the structures in claim currently work in that: you can "Place" the 'ghost' of the item in the bench, then add the materials to it until its complete, sort of tying up the workbench while you work on building each item, or armor piece.
Ultimately it is up to the Devs which direction they plan to go into, but I'm glad they let us have discussions and make suggestions about them.

Deusdeve

YIt is better if they add more rebars,It is better if they add more rebars, many more and of more types examplemany more and of more types example 1) type protective clothing for short and light battles that grants more mobility 2) type medium armor for long battles or to resist for a long time

Deusdeve

Y es mejor si agregan más Armor, es mejor si agregan más Armor, muchas más y de más tipos example muchas más y de más tipos example 1) tipo ropa protectora para batallas cortas y ligeras que otorgue más movilidad 2) tipo armadura media para largas batallas o para resistir mucho tiempo

Top Bottom