Radiation/ Chemical Agent detection.

I was watching a stream talking about and showcasing a safe zone. A dev made a hint towards a potential radiation zone, and using a geiger counter to detect radiation. I don’t know if there are any plans for chemical agents or not. However my idea is to add a rad sensor card or gas patch. They’re basically just items that change color to let you know to put a gas mask on in case of chemicals, or to leave the area if radiation is present. I think it would be interesting if they were more common to find than an actual Geiger counter, and would make a Geiger counter more of a valuable/interesting item. It would also add more diversity in detection devices. Thanks to anyone that took the time to read this, and thanks to the devs who put all the time and hard work into this game.

This is one of the best posts I read I hope ur idea gets implemented it probably will bc it sounds cool and would add more gameplay or maybe strategy bc if u live near radiation enimes have less space to attack u from and if u have rad suit ez escape from raid

TangoDown

Backer
Agreed, though I feel that these items the card and gas patch should be a 1-time use and something you could learn to make.

Well as far as I know these two items were one time use anyways. One is a card that people keep typically in their wallet that helps detect radiation by changing color, and the gas patch is an armband used extensively in both world wars to detect chemicals in the air. These armbands would also change color as well. As far as crafting them, I’m not sure of a realistic way to create your own. I see were you’re coming from with a “game balance” perspective as far as crafting it goes though. One of the reasons I brought up chemical detection is because there are gas masks in the game, annnnnnnd bleach. Homemade mustard gas? 🤷‍♂️ Could be a neat thing to have, and relatively easy to balance combat wise if you had a gas mask and way to detect it.

kaxer

I also interesting in radiation and nuclear power plant. Guys I was in Chernobyl last year. It was scary but curious place. But the level of radiation was high. During my tip I use one device from https://ecotestgroup.com/products/agent-r/ which is geiger counter watch with Four-level threshold alarm system and IP67 ingress protection rating.

Last edited:
Top Bottom