Third Person or First Person

DeepInTeddy

So I just have a question is the game strictly first-person or is it a mix? I've seen that it's said to be only first-person but then I saw some gameplay in third-person so I'm a bit confused.

TAW_Ken

Backer
Players are lobbying hard for it to be a server setting so idk, we might get TPP and FPP in one server if the devs change their minds. Personally I would prefer TPP to not exist
Yeah, i'm surprised it wouldn't be a sever setting especially with the functionality already in-game for TPP.

DeepInTeddy

Yeah, I like first-person only but I also like the idea of it being a server setting since they stated they want to mainly have the community running servers.

Zom2D2

Backer
The only reasons I like third person would be to see my character decked out in whatever gear he's got, and because some of my friends get motion sick when they play first person.

That said, I'm pretty sure they would eventually get used to it.

Neither of those reasons are major, and so, first person is perfectly ok with me.

DigiPar

Backer
They do want to give the community the power to customize their servers, however, if they added TPP as well, the community would no doubt be split between the two view modes, and add a huge chunk of work to make TPP animations and camera movement work smoothly.

I think one of the worst decisions ever made in DayZ was to allow 3rd person, imo of course.

Allowing 3rd person generally kills 1st person gameplay as you can not compete with someone who has the ability to see more.

If the devs later introduce 3rd person too many people will abandon 1st. I hope they just stick to their guns and say our game is a 1st person perspective game only.

Again, only my opinion. I will play regardless.

Hacker0139

Backer
In fact, the third person and the first person don't need to pay too much attention to it. Mod will solve all problems. In fact, the official can launch a switch to let the server define itself. This may be better?

Having the option will be good because I personally like to look at my character while I run around and not just some hands.

So I just have a question is the game strictly first-person or is it a mix? I've seen that it's said to be only first-person but then I saw some gameplay in third-person so I'm a bit confused.
its strictly first person they use 3rd for the vlogs to demonstrate some prior issues they fixed with the vehicles.

Zargo1z

I personally would love to have both available as an option. I don't see why you would only want one or the other especially if you are playing the single player mode or on lan / private server with a few personal friends. That just feels like limiting your options for no reason. Just keep the official servers legit first person only for the hardcore pvp crowd and allow a toggle for Single player and private servers. Best of both worlds IMO.

I personally would love to have both available as an option. I don't see why you would only want one or the other especially if you are playing the single player mode or on lan / private server with a few personal friends. That just feels like limiting your options for no reason. Just keep the official servers legit first person only for the hardcore pvp crowd and allow a toggle for Single player and private servers. Best of both worlds IMO.
the point of the game is for it to be as realistic as possible adding 3rd person in any aspect changes that

Top Bottom